Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.
Alberta Health Services Partnership
Aurora Musto, RN, BN,
Northwest Community Health Centre
#109, 1829 Ranchlands Blvd. N.W.
Calgary, AB, T3G 2A7
t | 403-943-9767
f | 403-943-9735
e | firstname.lastname@example.org
School Nurses | Who We Are & What We Do
Who are school nurses?
School Nurses are a team of Public Health Nurses (PHN’s) from the Calgary Health Region who work out of Community Health Centres (CHC’s) in the city and provide health services to multiple schools in all school boards.
What do school nurses do?
We are here as a support and a resource for your school. Our focus is Health Promotion: a process of working with individuals, groups, and communities to increase control over factors that influence their health. Effective health promotion with schools builds their capacity and creates conditions for sustainable results. Partnering with school communities in health promotion is important because a student’s health affects their ability to learn, and education affects
Healthy Teens Learn Better
Health Promoting Schools
Health Promotion in your school will focus on changing (or maintaining) the physical and social environment so that the healthy choice is the easy choice. We will be providing nursing services using a more flexible and less restricted team
approach; this allows us to better address your health priorities.
We believe that health has many aspects and that there are many different areas that affect health.
Your school nursing team can help you by providing information on many topics. Some of these include:
- Healthy Eating
- Active Living/Recreation
- Mental Health/Resiliency
- Injury Prevention
- Tobacco & Drug Use
- Allergies, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, First Aid
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Communicable Disease/Vaccination
- Many other health-related topics
What the School Nurse may NOT do for you:
- Physical treatment for pre-existing health concerns
- Administer drugs or prescribed therapy
- Reveal personal health information/records
How can I reach the School Nurse?
We are always available via email and voicemail. You don’t have to wait to catch us in the hall. We may not be available for a certain day each week, but will try to be available for projects as you need us. This allows us to use our resources more efficiently and effectively.
- I am at BHS most Tuesdays from about 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (can be available at other times/days if needed)
- e-mail (confidential) is a great way to contact me as can respond from wherever I am!