Bowness High School has an outstanding athletic program; anchored by an
impressive and longstanding history, an amazing sense of community, enviable
school spirit and deep-rooted pride, Trojan Athletics is highly respected within
the Calgary Senior High School Athletic Association (CSHSAA) and beyond. Team
schedules are accessible below, however please be aware that games often change
throughout the season. For the most up to date schedules and standings, please
refer to the CSHSAA website – www.calgaryhighschoolsports.ca
Below you will find a complete listing of the athletic opportunities that are
offered at Bowness High School. If you have questions about any of the programs,
are interested in volunteering, or are looking for Bowness Spirit Clothing,
please contact Mr. Corey Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org (Athletic
Looking to join one of our teams? Download our Annual Athletics Authorization Tryouts form.
- Cross Country (Boys, Girls)
- Football (Junior & Senior)
- Senior Football will begin on August 28 at 3:30 pm. There will be a bus that takes students to and from Sir Winston Churchill High School and we alternate practice locations between Churchill and Bowness each week. Team fees are yet to be determined and all paperwork and fee information will be available in September 2019. All students are welcome, regardless of level of experience. Junior Football information will be available to students on September 3.
- Soccer (Girls & Boys)
- Swimming (Boys & Girls)
- Volleyball (Jr. Girls, Jr. Boys, Sr. Girls, Sr. Boys)
- Field Hockey (Girls)
- Rugby (Boys, Girls)
- Soccer (Boys)
- Track & Field (Boys, Girls)
High Performance Athlete Development
Are you thinking about playing your sport at an university or national level? If so the High Performance Athlete Development Pathway might be right for you.
The Athletic Awards Celebration is held in June recognizing outstanding athletic accomplishments. The awards presented include a Most Valuable Player Award and Pride and Excellence Award in each sport and sport level. Awards include: Outstanding Female and Male Athletic Awards, the Fighting Heart Award, Trojan Pride Awards, the Outstanding Athletic Trainer Awards, and the Brian Collins Memorial Award.