In addition to the above CBE Regulations, Braeside School adheres to the following:
Our Code of Conduct
- Treat others with kindness and respect.
- Use courteous language.
- Keep hands, feet and other objects to yourself.
- Walk in the hallways, stairwells and classrooms.
- Follow directions the first time.
- Act with safety in mind at all times.
- Hats are not to be worn inside the school.
- Gum chewing is not allowed.
- Tackling is not allowed in any sports games in Calgary Board of Education schools.
- Bicycles must be walked from the entrance to the schoolyard to the bicycle rack. Bicycles must be locked if left in the bike rack during school hours.
- Skateboards, scooters and roller blades may not be used or stored on school property.
- On the creative playground, students must slide down the slide, feet first, one at a time. Tag games are not allowed on the creative playground.
- Students walk up and down stairs and hallways on the right hand side.
- Snow and rocks may not be thrown.
- Cell phones are not allowed in school. However, if parents have requested students bring their phones, then they are to stay in their backpacks during school hours.
- Cameras or electronic devices are not to be brought to school, unless it is for an educational purpose and it has received teacher permission.
- MP3 Players are not allowed in school unless a contract is signed between parent/student/teacher.
- Clothing for students is at the parent’s discretion realizing this is a place of learning; i.e. tops to be age appropriate.