A link to Calgary Board of Education’s Standards of Dress and Grooming (.pdf) is available on this page (under the “Links” heading).
As per the Standards of Dress and Grooming, our Branton School “dress code” encourages and requires:
· cleanliness, neatness, and generally positive attitudes
· appropriateness for learning and any particular activity
· safety in all activities.
As the school is a place of learning and a worksite, we encourage all our community members to dress in a neat and tidy manner, appropriate for learning.
The following are guidelines for all students at Branton School:
· appropriate clothing suitable for indoor wear,
· suitable footwear,
· special physical education clothing if required,
· special protective clothing in shops as required, and
· hair that is neat and well-groomed and does not represent a hazard in work areas.
Please ensure your child is wearing clothing suitable for the weather conditions, as children are expected to go outside except in extreme weather conditions (below – 20C, including the wind factor). Further guidelines are contained within the Standards of Dress and Grooming Administrative Regulation. The principal may determine which articles of clothing, jewelry or accessories are or are not appropriate for wear at school. The principal may require any student not conforming to dress standards to return home and change to suitable clothing before being admitted to class.
No Jewelry in Phys. Ed.
Safety is our primary concern in all physical education classes. Wearing jewelry can cause injury to self and others. While the risk may be quite low, we don’t want to take the chance of having an unnecessary injury. Our policy is that all jewelry must be removed except those that contain medic alert information (e.g., watches, friendship bracelets, etc.). There will be no exceptions to this rule.