If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school,
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.
A Community Health Nurse from Calgary Health Services will be in the school regularly and at request as a resource to students and staff. Appointments may be made through the school secretaries. Parents must inform the school if their child has a severe medical problem or is taking medication that may affect their performance or safety. Parents should ensure that their child’s immunization records are up to date. An immunization program is scheduled for Grade 9.