In order to help generate a warm school environment at Branton, teachers are encouraged to sponsor various clubs and activities that will enable students to focus their energies positively outside the classroom. These activities also generate rapport between students and teachers, as well as providing student leaders with an opportunity to hone their skills. In general, the student activities function within the areas of:
- Athletics (intramurals, officiating, etc.)
- Clubs (debate, etc.)
- Fine Arts (band and drama presentations)
- Leadership (planning student activities, grade 6 orientation, etc.), and
- Service (cafeteria work, library assistance, etc.).
Branton students provide leadership in the planning and implementation of our dances. All school rules remain in place, including no drugs or alcohol being permitted.
The following basic guidelines are applicable for Branton’s dances:
- dances are open to Branton students only
- students attending an evening school dance may not reenter the school after leaving
- students wishing to come to a dance late (after the doors have been locked) should bring a note to the supervising teacher in advance
- school dress expectations are in effect for dances