Below is a list of resources that parents and guardians may find helpful:
Planning for Student Support
If students reach out to you in need of mental health support, please share the following organizations:
Resources to help my child with French and Social Studies
Practice your French pronunciation using Read & Write for Google Chrome!
- Read the News in French
- Click here for some resources! (Slide 3, 4 and 6) are French only media
- Ask your Social Studies teacher for some Monde en Marche reading comprehension enrichment activities
- Watch TV in French for free using the internet (a challenge!)
- Here are some of my favorite French TV shows:
- Listen to the radio (quite hard, but good to practice listening skills)
- Try to analyse some political cartoons as a family!
- Here are some sites to ﬁnd some (*Some cartoons may not be appropriate!*)
- Watch for age appropriate French content (movies, etc.) on your streaming subscriptions, such as Netflix, Crave, etc.
- Even when watching a movie in English as a family, put the French subtitles!
My child arrives at home and says “I don’t have any homework!”
More resources available on Health & Wellness.
You will find below, three links that provide some guidance in regards to accessing apps/information for your own convenience. On our website calendar you will find the major events taking place at our school. In the daily bulletin you will find two slides: one that covers all athletics events (practices, games, location and time) and one that covers other events on top of all other slides covering announcements and menus.
Please note that the MyCBE / Powerschool link allows you to see assessments and attendance. Furthermore, when you go into your MyCBE / Powerschool account, when you look on the left hand side of the screen, there is a menu. If you click on the Apps item, it will bring up a page that includes School Conferences. This is where you will go to sign up for Parent-Teacher Interviews.
You will also find a reminder about what constitutes an excused or non-excused absence. We want to clarify that a call is needed for all absences but some absences will be considered as not excused even if a parent has called it in. For more information visit our attendance information.
Hope you find this helpful and let us know if you need something else in terms of communication with you.
brightspace by D2L