We are committed to improving total individual development within our community of learners. Branton recognizes the unique needs of junior high students as they begin to make the transition from childhood to adulthood.
Branton Vision Statement
At Branton, students strive for individual excellence. All individuals are encouraged to become responsible, autonomous learners; we provide a safe, secure, and supportive learning environment in which individual needs are carefully respected and met.
Branton Statement of Purpose
Our purpose is to develop and nurture a functional fluency in the French language so that students can further their studies with their chosen language. Teachers at Branton also expose students to the rich French-Canadian culture and history which inhabits the fabric of our country.
Branton School Culture
The school facilitates the acquisition of a positive self-concept through successful experiences which encourage student pride in their accomplishments and efforts. The school should enhance self-concept through effective discipline and continuous positive feedback.
The school provides a warm, caring, and safe environment, which encourages a sense of pride, ownership, and accomplishment. Education is a shared responsibility, with parents, students, and teachers working toward common goals. The school should provide and encourage unique opportunities and experiences beyond the school setting to enhance individual growth.
The school will:
- encourage learning as a lifelong, participatory thinking process wherein students develop a love and ownership for their own learning
- foster critical and creative thinking
- facilitate the development of the whole child by recognizing individual needs and learning styles
- promote the acquisition of practical living skills relevant to the outside world
- emphasize achievement in all areas. The school provides and encourages the development of social skills, leadership skills, and responsible citizenship.