- Students must respect: school authority, others and their property, ethnic, racial, religious and gender differences, and school board property, community property and property of other persons.
- Students are accountable for: school attendance and punctuality, their work habits, assignments and homework, textbooks and equipment, and complying with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Unacceptable student behaviour is grounds for disciplinary action.
All students in the lunchroom are expected to:
- Be respectful of staff and students in the lunchroom
- Remain seated while eating until they are dismissed
- Clean up after eating – garbage and recycling put in the appropriate bins
Behaviour on the Bus
It is an expectation that the students treat the bus driver, bussing assistants and each other with courtesy and respect at all times.
The basic rules require that students:
- sit down
- face forward
- use quiet voices
- respect others
- keep the bus clean
- Do not eat or chew gum
Inappropriate or unsafe behaviour on the bus will be handled initially by the bus driver who will be supported by the school staff in conjunction with the home. If problems persist or are of a serious nature, it is possible that the child will lose the privilege of riding the bus, either temporarily or permanently. If that should happen, a parent will be required to transport the child to the school.