The new Brentwood bus code for MyBusStop is CBEW3HZ1BM. Parents are reminded that only bussed children, whose parents have completed a Transportation agreement, may ride the bus. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and protocols, children are not allowed to go on a bus at any time until directed by CBE Transportation!
Absent / Busing Line
To report an absence or late call 403-777-6130 option 1. Leave your child’s name, room #, teacher’s name, reason and length of absence. Thank you for calling in such a timely fashion as this makes the accounting of absent / late children much quicker and therefore ensures the safety of our children.
If you have a busing question be sure to speak slowly and clearly, and leave a phone number so your call can be returned. The more information and the clearer the message, the easier it is for us to understand and respond. If you feel it would be helpful please repeat your message or spell your child’s name.
As you are all aware, cold weather, icy roads and traffic all affect our bus service and sometimes delays are unavoidable.
Occasionally, a bus breaks down and it can be a considerable length of time before a replacement bus is sent. Please
keep in mind the following points:
- For safety, caregivers should wait at bus stops until the children are on the bus. At the end of the day, caregivers
- should be prepared to wait as busses may be delayed by heavy traffic or simply take longer to complete their routes on winter roads. When temperatures drop we certainly understand if families decide to drive students or keep them at home due to delayed busses. Please ensure that you are parking safely at bus stops.
- Although we attempt to notify families if a bus has been very late leaving our school (usually more than 30 minutes
- delayed), we do not have the staff to call if many busses are generally delayed due to poor weather or traffic.
- In the winter, it is important for children to have warm clothing (hats, mitts, coats, scarves and boots) in case a bus breaks down.
- The school does not usually have information about bus delays in advance. You may call Southland Transportation at 403-205-6688 if you need further information although this number is very busy and it is often difficult to get through.
Charter Busing Service
It is important that the parents of all students who access the charter bus service carefully review this information and all other information sent home about transportation. Despite the best efforts of all involved in transporting students to and from school, be aware that increasingly heavy and unpredictable city traffic and other factors often lead to difficulties in providing on-time service and in getting information out to parents as emergent issues occur.
Southland Transportation transports the TLC students attending Brentwood School. Parents of our CSSI students will be provided with information specific to busing for their children. If buses are late, please call the carriers for updated information or check www.myschoolbusmonitor.com for more information or Southland Transportation at: Southland Transportation McKnight Yard – 403-205-6688.
Be advised that pick-up and drop off times are approximate only. It is important to be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the designated time. You should expect to wait for the bus. Bus drivers are not able to wait at bus stops for late children.
If your child normally takes the bus and is being picked up on a particular day, you must include a note in their agenda. Otherwise, they will be boarded on their regular bus.