How to Register for the TLC Program
Please visit our How to Register page.
TLC at Brentwood School
"To Think, to Value, to Know”
The Traditional Learning Centre program uses teacher-directed instruction and character education to foster reflective thinking, continuous learning and responsible citizenship. It is a celebration of cultural diversity and commonly held values. The virtues-oriented school environment prepares students to meet the moral, technological and global challenges of the 21st century.
- Character Education intentionally taught, reinforced, and demonstrated daily through service to the school, local and global community
- Direct instruction, in large or small groups, that is sequential and enriched as the primary teaching approach
- Students are provided with a structured, orderly setting appropriate to the learning activity
- Elementary students are in straight grades. Early literacy includes explicit instruction in phonics, spelling, and grammar. Horizontal enrichment opportunities are available to challenge students based on their achievement
Commitment to Excellence
- Set high expectations for student achievement.
- Provide structure and teacher-directed instruction to ensure success.
- Model respectful, positive, professional behaviour in working with students and parents.
- Make daily contact with the home using an agenda, e-mail, and Google Classroom.
- Contact parents and be available for appointments as needed.
- Reinforce character education throughout the school.
- Provide a quiet work place for nightly homework.
- Make homework a priority and check the agenda and Google Classroom each school day.
- Reinforce virtues at home.
- Encourage high achievement in all subject areas.
- Commit to all program components.
- Support the administration and staff in their efforts to maintain an orderly, disciplined, safe and caring school environment.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences.
- Ensure that your child is respecting the school uniform code.
- Demonstrate respect, responsibility and other virtues in daily conduct.
- Respect all staff members and parent volunteers.
- Participate fully in all activities.
- Display a positive attitude with adults and other students.
- Aim for excellence when completing assignments and homework.
- Adhere to the school uniform code.