Inspiring hearts and minds: a caring, collaborative learning community that engages students and challenges them to pursue personal excellence in an ever-changing world.
To become a dynamic centre of personalized learning, driven by engaged, creative learners through:
- inspiring and innovative practice
- providing inclusive and collaborative learning opportunities
- encouraging critical thinking and inquiry
- designing activities that create meaningful community connections
- infusing technology into learning and teaching
- embracing meaningful change
- respecting individual differences
- fostering resiliency
- making connections to the global community
- nurturing a lifelong attitude of excellence
Our values at Briar Hill School are the same as those of the CBE, namely:
- students come first
- learning is our central purpose
- public education serves the common good
The ‘Briar Hill School Caring Circle’ program is the bases of our citizenship, character-building and discipline polices. The Caring Circle also incorporates the following two CBE Results Policies:
As portrayed, the key components at Briar Hill School are – “We Care for Ourselves, Others, and for the World”. We use the seven virtues in the outer circle as teaching tools to implement the ‘We Care’ program. Belonging, independence, courage, enjoyment, respect, responsibility, and kindness are the foundational virtues, which assist students in understanding how to work together at Briar Hill School. This caring philosophy is also the base of the school’s discipline policy.
Students will be dealing with these concepts throughout the school year and the components and the virtues are integrated into various subject areas. This program is a partnership among everyone in the school community as we all work together to build a positive school climate.