Parking Zones & Safety Tips
There is a “no parking” zone in front of the school free and clear for buses/taxis to drop off and pick up students. The area further south along the school fence is available for parents to drop off and pick up which alleviates the congestion during busy times of the day. Please remember that making a “U” turn in front of the school is illegal and impacts the safety of our students and families. Please refrain from making U turns in the front of the school.
- Avoid double parking.
- Watch for signs indicating ‘No Stopping’ and ‘No Parking’ zones.
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street.
- Leave 5 metres between your car and any crosswalk markings. This will ensure children are visible when they enter the crosswalk.
- Parking too close to stop signs yield signs or intersections, makes it difficult to see children in the area and obstructs the view of other motorists. A distance of 5 metres is required.
- Be courteous to neighbours around schools. Do not block entrances to garages or driveways.