At Cappy Smart School we continue to focus on Character development for our students. The following guiding principles to respect yourself and others are being stressed with all students:
- We treat others the way we would like to be treated.
- We have the right to be ourselves (regardless of size, shape, family, race, religion, gender and ability).
- We need not tolerate abuse in any form.
- We want school to be a secure and safe haven that is free of threats, harm, destruction and physical confrontation.
- We respect our freedom to communicate, listen and learn.
- We attempt to interact with, know and encourage each other.
- We understand the difference between humor and hurt.
- We allow others their personal space.
- We learn to apologize, forgive and forget.
- We believe that gossip, insults, profanity and name calling are inappropriate at school.
- We believe that if you cannot say something nice, then say nothing at all.
- We respect ourselves and others