It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving late.
Please report all absences to the Attendance Line at 403-777-8590 ext. 1.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents and Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Please ensure that teachers are aware of all severe allergies and the actions that should be taken should your child have an allergic reaction. Students requiring an EPI Pen should either have it on them at all times, in a marked location in their classroom, and/or in the main office, depending on the severity of the allergy. It is highly recommended that students have one in their classroom and one in the main office for easy accessibility during instructional, recess, snack, and lunch times. Our priority is the health and safety of all students at all times.
We encourage parents of children with severe allergies to educate their children in making responsible decisions about how to manage these allergies on their own.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.