Lunch Behaviour Guidelines
Students are expected to behave in a respectful, courteous manner during the lunch period. Generally students must:
- Remain seated while eating, engaging in quiet conversation
- Dispose of garbage appropriately in containers provided
- Participate in clean up of the lunch area
- Engage in appropriate indoor activities
- Request permission to leave the lunchroom area
- Show respectful behavior to the adults and other students in the lunchroom
Behaviour on the Bus
Riders must comply with these clear expectations for safe, respectful behaviour:
- Follow the directions and requests of the driver.
- Conduct themselves in a quiet, courteous and considerate manner.
- Respect and comply with seat assignments.
- Remain seated and keep arms and heads inside while the bus is in motion.
- Expect to pay for damages willfully caused.
- Heed driver’s instructions and observe safe crossing procedures before crossing the roads.
Appropriate bus behaviour is rarely a problem for most students. However, inappropriate conduct is reported to school administration through a bus misconduct written by the driver. A copy of each misconduct is sent home. Bus misconducts may result in suspension from the bus for an appropriate period of time, depending on severity of behavior or number of misconducts.