Our Parent Society is Known as the Captain John Palliser Parents Association.
Connect with CJP's Parent Association
Did you know CJP's Parent Association has a Facebook page? Click here to join!
Policy & Practices Manual Update
As mentioned in previous newsletters, the Captain John Palliser Parents Association has been working on a Policy & Practices Manual. To date, the Parents Association has voted to formally adopt eleven policies, Policy Making, Privacy and Security of Personal Information, Official Mailing Address, Meeting Location, New Member Orientation, Communication – Internal, Communication – External, Record Keeping, Use of Social Media, Member Code of Conduct, and Financial Management. If you are interested in reviewing these documents, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All meetings take place immediately following the school council meetings.
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- The All-In-One agenda is now posted in the sidebar on the right hand side of this page when available.
- All families are welcome to attend Parent Association meetings. You are a member if your child attends this school. We value your attendance at the meeting and encourage your involvement. Without parent involvement, volunteering, and input we are not able to offer the amazing programs and initiatives at CJP.
- All CJP families also have an opportunity to be part of the School Council Leadership Team. There are a number of key positions open for election in October. These positions will all require about 5 hours of your time each month. This might be a small amount of time for you, it is a huge and impactful role for the school. Please consider getting involved!
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - AGM
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021
- Wednesday January 19, 2022
- Thursday, February 23, 2022
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - Elections
Membership in the Parents Association requires a simple step of completing a Membership form. Completing a Membership form is a requirement of the Societies Act. If you choose to complete a Membership Form, all personal information is protected from unauthorized access and destroyed safely once you are no longer a member. Feel free to complete a printed copy of the form and send it to school with your child.
Chair: Todd M
Vice Chair: Kevin S
Secretary: Christa P
Treasurer: Martina D
Casino Directors: Giedre V
Director at Large: Melisa B
Director at Large: Candace B
Events Coordinators: Pending due to Covid
Playground Coordinators: Lindsay O
Fundraising Coordinator: Amy G.
Scholastic Book Fair Coordinator: Kevin S
Purdy's Chocolate Coordinator: Janice R
Read-a-thon Coordinator: VACANT
Co-op Gift Card Coordinator: VACANT
Magazine Coordinator: VACANT
Fun Lunch Coordinator: Pending due to Covid
Mabel’s Labels Coordinator: VACANT
SPUD Organic Foods Fundraiser Coordinator: VACANT
CJP Spirit Wear Coordinator: VACANT
Wine Tasting Coordinator: VACANT
Contact the Parent Society