Students in the Calgary Board of Education travel to school in a variety ways, including walking, taking yellow buses or Calgary Transit or being driven by parents/guardians. Their safety is important, no matter how they get to school and home again.​​​

Getting to School

Bus Stop App 

CBE Transportation uses a bus route monitoring app called MyBusStop for all Southland Transportation routes. You can use the new mobile and web application GPS tracking service to see real-time information such as the route stops, route schedule, route progress and possible route delays for your child’s yellow school bus. The app was created and maintained by Southland Transportation.   How to Register To register you will need your school's unique access code and your child’s bus route. Visit to register and create an account, follow the prompts and select the bus route you want to track Once registered you are now ready to track the school bus using the website or on your mobile device Download the MyBusStop app for iOS or Android 

Learn more by reading our Parent Brochure and FAQs
Questions, concerns or suggestions regarding registration or use of the application can be forwarded to
The CJP access code is CVEQ6UOBKE.

Z passes

  • Bus students approved for CBE transportation receive a ZPass to ride a yellow school bus, issued by Transportation Services and distributed by schools.
  • Students scan their ZPass through an electronic card reader installed on the bus every time they get on and off the bus.
  • If a student forgets a ZPass, he or she should notify the driver. They will still be able to ride the bus.
  • If a student loses a ZPass, parents are required to request a replacement pass through the school. The school will send the request to Transportation Services. A new ZPass will be printed and sent to the school.
  • ZPasses are meant to be multiyear and should be kept for reuse, even if transportation is cancelled for a period of time.
  • If you cannot find the Zpass have your child leave their name at the office so we can order a new one.
Last modified on

Do you know what to do when your child isn’t feeling well? We have pulled together resources from government and AHS to help #WeAreCBE families understand what they are required to do and when their child may return to school #yycbe

The Alberta School Councils' Association is conducting a survey to measure the “pandemic pulse” in the province. Families with children in K-12 are invited to participate. The survey will take about 15 minutes and closes on Friday, Nov. 6

Important school community connections are being made between students learning at home and learning in-person at Marion Carson School #WeAreCBE

RT @southlandbus: This week is #SchoolBusSafetyWeek! In recognition, we will be sharing daily safety tips from Oct 19th to 23rd. Tip #3: Winter Weather • Dress for the weather! Frostbite can happen in minutes. • Never leave a child at a bus stop. Weather and traffic can cause route delays.

RT @ArbourLake_CBE: Grade 7s learn about Pop Art and Romero Britto. #popart