Booking an Appointment
Students can now book appointments with our guidance counsellor, academic advisor or Inclusive Learning teacher.
Our School Guidance Counsellor is Irene Welch
403-777-7971 ext.7612 [email@example.com]
Our Academic Advisor is Sue Brady
403-777-7971 ext. 7606 [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Our Inclusive Learning Teacher (IPPs): Shayda Cummings
How We Can Help
We support our students in the following areas:
- high school diploma requirements
- course registration
- course sequencing
- course pre-requisites
- timetable issues
- post-secondary questions
- scholarship & bursary information
Our team can also support students needing:
- academic counseling support working through issues that impact learning and life
- emotional counseling
- access to community supports
- financial support
- help resolving conflicts
- an advocate at school
Make the Most of Your Online Education
- communicate with your teacher(s) through email, discussion postings
- complete a learning plan and schedule keeping the course end date in mind
- create a schedule with:
- all of your teacher's due dates
- your own deadlines and activities that you set for yourself
- stick to the schedule!
- understand the course requirements and deadlines
- you are responsible for maintaining your own equipment and software. If you experience hardware or software problems throughout the semester, you must find another way to complete the assigned work in a timely manner
- break tasks into manageable parts
Tips for Success
- have access to the proper hardware and software before the semester begins
- battle procrastination; do requirements early
- make time to do the work!
- carefully read the textbook(s) and answer any study questions provided
- complete any assignments in a neat and orderly manner
- keep copies of all materials submitted for grading
- if the teacher requires exams, class meetings or other on-campus activity, contact the teacher IMMEDIATELY when you know you will not be able to meet the requirement. Do not wait until after the test deadline to tell the teacher that you were on a trip.
- Seek help early
If you are having problems, do not wait to request help. The longer you wait the bigger the problem becomes!
- use tutorials, textbook websites, and other campus supports
- the first person to contact is your instructor: if they cannot answer your question, they can direct you to someone who can.