- Brightspace, by Desire2Learn (D2L), is an online environment available to all our staff and Grade 7-12 students for collaboration, communication, organization and assessment. It is also the virtual classroom for the online programs offered through CBe-learn's Junior High and High School. For assistance with login issues and more go to the technical support site.
- Google Classroom, is an online environment available to our staff and Grade 1-6 students for collaboration, communication, organization, and assessment. It is also the virtual classroom for the online programs offered through CBe-learn's Elementary school. For assistance with login issues and more go to the technical support site.
- Iris: a web-based teaching and learning application consisting of student learning plans, learner profiles, resource library and teacher and administrator workspaces.
- Google Workspace for Education : an online space to create documents, presentations and websites wherever internet access is available. It is solely for teacher and student-created work, and not for student records, grades, demographics or other such information. For assistance with login issues and more go to the technical support site.
- SchoolMessenger: a mass communication tool that allows schools to easily and securely send email, phone and text messages to parents/guardians. To receive all relevant messages from our school, be sure to subscribe. To change the email address or phone number where you receive your messages, contact our school. If you aren't getting the messages you expect, add our email address to your address book or "safe senders list".
- MyCBE / PowerSchool: this application connects to our student information system, providing parents, students and staff access to academic information and transactions. It allows parents to view their children’s schedule, grades and attendance; see their learning activities using Brightspace by D2L; register for transportation and noon supervision; pay fees and request fee waivers; and book school conferences.
How we use D2L
CBe-learn students have access to a variety of tools through which they can contact their teachers, and classmates. These applications are secure and can be accessed only through the use of a password.
The Discussion areas within Desire2Learn (D2L), allow students to contact teachers with questions, as well as contact other students when working collaboratively. This tool is organized into forums and topics.
The Assignment Folders within D2L gives the student a place to deposit completed work for marking and to access assessed, returned work from the teacher. Assignment submissions are sorted by user and keep track of submission date and time, and any feedback associated with the assignment.