Registration for 2021-2022 Closed
Registration with CBe-learn is now closed for the 2021-22 school year. Please continue to monitor our website for information about registration for the 2022-2023 school year.
Registration and Transfer Information
Click the links below for information on:
- Full-time online learning for Grades 1 to 12: For students who want to learn online for the full school year. CBe-learn offers the regular program full-time for elementary, junior high, and senior high school students living within the CBE boundaries in Calgary.
- Returning Grade 12 students: For fourth-year high school students wanting to take some extra courses online during the school year.
- : For current full-time senior high school students at an in-person CBE school or Chinook Learning Services, who want to take some additional courses online.
- Summer School: For CBE senior high students who want to take an additional course in July.
- Upgrading with Chinook Learning Services: For other opportunities to upgrade, beyond those above.
Requesting a Transfer to CBe-learn From An In-Person CBE School
Given the state of the public health situation, the Calgary Board of Education has decided to provide another opportunity for you to enrol your student in the centralized online school known as CBe-learn.
Before requesting a transfer, please note:
- Transferring to CBe-learn is a commitment for the full school year. Students who transfer to CBe-learn from alternative programs or schools with capped enrolment/lotteries will not have their space held and would need to go through the transfer or lottery process again if they wish to return in future years.
- Parents/guardians must review this website and be aware of the requirements for parent/caregiver support and home technology.
- We recommend completing the anonymous, optional Online Self and Family Assessment.
- Students entering Grades 10 to 12 should review the available CBe-learn high school courses.
- If parents share joint custody, all parents/guardians must agree with the decision to transfer.
- International Students are not eligible for full time online registration with CBe-learn, please refer to the CBE international Student information page for more information about international student opportunities
Students who transfer to CBe-learn will start on Sept. 7 or Sept. 13, depending on transfer request and acceptance timelines and when your designated school office is open. You will receive an email from CBe-learn once your transfer request has been processed. If you have any questions, please contact your current or designated school.
- For transfers requested and approved between Aug. 23 to Aug. 27 at Noon, students would start CBe-learn on Sept. 7. Parents will receive email confirmation by Sept. 3.
- For transfers requested and approved from Aug. 30 to Sept. 2 at Noon, students would start CBe-learn on Sept. 13. Parents will receive email confirmation by Sept. 10.
Please note: School offices are open at varying times and closed on the weekend of Aug. 28, 29 and cannot receive forms. Specific information is available on each school’s website.
Additionally, forms can be filed digitally any time, through the school’s main inbox listed on the school’s website.
To request a transfer :
1. Complete the Parent Acknowledgement of Understanding for CBe-learn form.
2. Complete a transfer form:
3. Submit both forms to the student’s current school by the deadline. You can choose to complete:
- Printed Forms: Print, complete and sign both forms. Contact the student’s current or designated school to schedule a time to provide the forms to the Principal/Assistant Principal. or
- Digital Forms: Complete both forms digitally. Email them to the current or designated school’s main inbox, listed on the school website. The email must be sent from the parent/legal guardian (or independent student), using the email address on file with CBE.
All of the student’s parents/guardians (or the independent student) will be sent an email confirming whether the transfer has been approved. The email is generally sent in early
If you have any questions, please contact your current or designated school