We are no longer accepting registrations for our grades 6-9 online programs.
Please contact us for information about CBe-learn Junior High. You can call our Student Services team at 403-777-7971.
Are you transitioning from Grade 9 into Grade 10? Please see our Preparing for High School page for some helpful tips!
CBe-learn is an independent school, within the CBE. It differs from the HUB Learning Approach.
Applying to CBe-learn
- Review the Online Learning Student & Family Guide from Alberta Education.
- Attend a virtual information session - dates & times listed above.
(If you are not able to attend a live session, a recorded session is available here.)
- Complete the Student & Parent Questionnaire.
- Select the appropriate application package from the three options available in the table below:
|Existing CBE student applying to transfer to CBe-learn from another CBE school.||Student new to the Calgary Board of Education (CBE).||Current CBe-learn student interested in continuing with CBe-learn. Email Lisa Stuart|
(email@example.com), learning leader for the Jr. High program. Lisa will provide the appropriate registration documents.
All completed application packages are returned to Jeanette Vandrunen via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Information Session for Students & Families
These information meetings are held online via Google Meet.
- Next Date: TBA (click here to access the online meeting)
6:30 – 7:30 pm
- You may need to request access to the meeting once it's started.
- One of the moderators will grant you access.
- You can also search for the nickname "cbejrhighinfo".
- The meeting has been recorded, so you can peruse the archive if you are not able to join
(see YouTube below)
- The slides used in the presentation are available here.
- Parents are required to attend the information session meeting, and we encourage students to attend as well.
Concurrent CBE Students (accepted after September 8)
Referral and registration accepted only from school
administrators. Parents, if you are interested in a concurrent
registration, please consult with your community school administration.
Students are concurrent when they remain at the current school and take up to two online courses with CBe-learn.
The registration is to be completed by the current school administration/guidance/resource only. Interested parents must arrange this registration with their current school administration.
- School Administration: Download and complete the Concurrent Registration Form (coming soon).
- Email the concurrent registration form according to the guidelines on the form.
- Students will be registered in the one or two requested courses.
- Parents will be emailed instructions from CBe-learn as to
- Student Engagement: Guidelines TBD.