For details about our program for returning Grade 12 students (i.e. fourth-year high school students) and the courses we offer, click here. Please note, returning Grade 12 students are limited to half of a regular course load. This means you can take a maximum of 2 courses per semester.
Starting July 1st, 2022, you will be able to book an appointment with our counsellors directly using this Microsoft Form.
You must be going into your fourth year of high school.
You must be age 19 or younger as of September 1, as you begin your fourth year of high school.
You must be a resident CBE student. A resident CBE student is a student where at least one parent/legal guardian (or the independent student) physically resides within the geographical boundary of CBE, and at least one parent/legal guardian (or the independent student) is not of the Roman Catholic faith. (If you are age 18 or older, you are an independent student.)
To determine if you live within the CBE boundary, go to the CBE Find a School tool and type in your address. If any school name appears, you are within our boundary. If no school name appears, you are outside the boundary of the CBE and not eligible for CBe-learn.
How to Register
Returning Grade 12 CBE students are welcome to register directly with CBe-learn during the spring and summer, for the fall semester. During the fall semester, you will be able to register for the winter semester.
After reading this page and the program page, please begin by contacting CBe-learn Student Services to discuss your potential registration.
Starting July 1st, 2022, you will be able to make an appointment with one of our counsellors using our Registration Appointment Self-Booking Tool.
When registering, you will need to provide all the following information. Students who are less than 18 years old must have a parent/legal guardian with them at registration.
1. Acceptable Legal Documentation as proof of the student’s Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status. Please provide one of the following:
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Study Permit
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
2. Proof of address, which must be located within the CBE boundary. The document must include the address and the name of the student (if age 18 or older), or of the parent/legal guardian (if the student is under 18 years old). Please provide one of the following:
- student’s driver’s license (if the student is age 18 or older)
- bank statement
- GST rebate
- home or renter insurance
- income tax statement
- mortgage statement
- property tax assessment
- utility bill
3. Most recent high school transcript and/or report card or a document showing your Alberta Education Student ID Number. For information on obtaining these records, visit the CBE Student Records and Transcripts web page.
4. If you have an active IPP (Individualized Program Plan), please provide copies of the most recent IPP and any other specialist reports (eg: from a behavioural specialist, psychologist, psychiatrist, etc).
Please note students 20 years of age and over as of September 1st of a school year will be subject to course fees.