Returning Grade 12 Students


For details about our program for returning Grade 12 students (i.e. fourth-year high school students) and the courses we offer, click here. 


You must be going into your fourth year of high school. 

You must be age 19 or younger as of September 1, as you begin your fourth year of high school.

You must be a resident CBE student. A resident CBE student is a student where at least one parent/legal guardian (or the independent student) physically resides within the geographical boundary of CBE, and at least one parent/legal guardian (or the independent student) is not of the Roman Catholic faith. (If you are age 18 or older, you are an independent student.)

To determine if you live within the CBE boundary, go to the CBE Find a School tool and type in your address. If any school name appears, you are within our boundary. If no school name appears, you are outside the boundary of the CBE and not eligible for CBe-learn.

How to Register

Returning Grade 12 CBE students are welcome to register directly with CBe-learn during the spring and summer, for the fall semester.  During the fall semester, you will be able to register for the winter semester.

After reading this page and the program page, please begin by contacting CBe-learn Student Services to discuss your potential registration. 

To get started right away, please use our Registration Appointment Self-Booking Tool.  

Required Documentation

When registering, you will need to provide all following information. Students who are less than 18 years old must have a parent/legal guardian with them at registration.

1. Acceptable Legal Documentation as proof of the student’s Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status. Please provide one of the following:

  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Passport
  • Canadian Citizenship Certificate
  • Adoption Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Study Permit
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Certificate of Indian Status

2. Proof of address, which must be located within the CBE boundary. The document must include the address and the name of the student (if age 18 or older), or of the parent/legal guardian (if the student is under 18 years old). Please provide one of the following:  

  • student’s driver’s license (if the student is age 18 or older) 
  • bank statement  
  • GST rebate  
  • home or renter insurance  
  • income tax statement  
  • mortgage statement  
  • property tax assessment  
  • utility bill 

3. Most recent high school transcript and/or report card or a document showing your Alberta Education Student ID Number. For information on obtaining these records, visit the CBE Student Records and Transcripts web page.

4. If you have an active IPP (Individualized Program Plan), please provide copies of the most recent IPP and any other specialist reports (eg: from a behavioural specialist, psychologist, psychiatrist, etc).

Adult Learners 

Please note students 20 years of age and over as of September 1st of a school year will be subject to course fees.

Please Note:  As of January, 2021, all mature students (those who are 20 years old or greater as of September 1 of the current school year) will have to provide proof of vaccination confirming that they are fully immunized against COVID-19 (have received all required doses of a vaccine authorized by Health Canada for use against COVID-19) or apply for and receive a CBE approved exemption on medical or other valid protected grounds under the Alberta Human Rights Act in order to enroll in and attend classes for Semester Two.


Last modified on

RT @MandelaUnited: Our new embroidery machine arrived today! Big plans to support student learning in CTS and eventually beyond. A huge thanks to all the @yyCBEdu Service Units that helped make this happen. #wearecbe

RT @KidsHelpPhone: We're always here for you. Save Kids Help Phone’s contact info into your phone as a reminder that our team of counsellors and crisis responders are here for you 24/7! 📞Call 1-800-668-6868 📱 Young people text TALK to 686868 📱 Adults text WELLNESS to 741741 #BellLetsTalk

RT @YourAlberta: These are tough times for many of us. If you’re struggling, you don't have to go it alone. Mental health support is available: We're stronger together. When you join the #BellLetsTalk conversation, your story can help others in their pursuit of recovery.

RT @WeAreLouisCBE: Today @WeAreLouisCBE we wore blue in support of #BellLetsTalk

Today’s Board of Trustees public meeting will be held virtually starting at noon. We invite you to stream the meeting online #yycbe