Please note the date, time and location of each exam.
PATs are held at:
- Parking is limited around Windsor Park.
- Parking for families can be accessed on both 54th and 55th Ave SW, along the chain link fence side of the street.
Enter the building at Entrance A (see map above) and look for signs with directions to your exam location.
Students should plan to arrive 20-30 minutes in advance to leave time for parking and finding the correct room.
Materials for students to bring
- Water Bottle (water filling stations are available at the school)
- Snack for after the exam
Exam Rooms & Accessibility
- We are using 6 different rooms on the second floor of Lord Shaughnessy for our exams
- There are three stairwells, and one elevator to reach the second floor.
- The locations of the stairs and elevator are clearly marked.
- We are using 8 different rooms on the main floor of Windsor Park for our exams.
- There is an accessible ramp available on the North side of the school.
Preparing for Exams
Alberta Education has
put together guides for parents:
A Grade 6 or 9 student who does not write the scheduled PATs will be marked either excused or absent.
Excused or Absent
Excused will be requested and negotiated ahead of time with the Principal for reasons which may include anxiety, a learning disability, etc., and the parent has a reason to want this excused PAT documented.
Absent will occur when the student is ill on the scheduled day or the parent chooses not to bring them to the PAT.
There are no academic consequences for either of the above.
For more information about Grade 6 or grade 9 Provincial Achievement Tests, please visit the Alberta Education website.