Consequences of Dishonesty
The CBe-learn consequences for academic dishonesty the first time are:
1. A discussion with the student via phone or private discussion, ensuring the student has a clear understanding of the following:
- what constitutes academic dishonesty
- the consequences and conditions of submitting work that is not the students' original work
- students are provided with one opportunity to resubmit the assignment for reassessment
2. If it occurs a second time, the CBe-learn consequence are:
- face-to-face meeting with the teacher, student and parent/guardian
- contact with guidance counsellor and or/assistant principal if the student attends another CBE high school
3. In a rare third case of academic dishonesty, the final CBe-learn consequences are:
- face-to-face meeting with the CBe-learn school administrator, teacher, student and parent
- comprehensive review of all the students' work
- detailed plan of next steps, including natural consequences of original work not submitted
The circumstances and evidence in each case are reviewed by the instructor, student, parents and CBe-learn administrators. Consequences in each case are at the discretion of the school administration.
Students must agree to this policy before a registration is processed.
Student work may be screened electronically to identify plagiarism from all internet sources and other student work previously submitted to CBe-learn.