We are always happy to have volunteers in the school. If you would like to volunteer at Cecil Swanson School you must:
- Have on file a current Calgary Police Service Consent to Search and Disclosure of Personal Information form
- Have resided in Calgary for at least 1 year, and
- have one piece of government issued identification with a picture
Please come to the office and receive a letter for further processing in the fall as police security clearances take 2 – 6 weeks to be completed.
We need volunteers in the following ongoing areas/activities:
- Library / Book Fair during conferences at the beginning of December
- Calgary Reads - a project that promotes literacy and develop reading skills
- Field trips - there are many planned throughout the school year
- Sports Day Celebration - help us run various stations and set up/take down equipment
Volunteers can be a parent or older brother/sister. Adults need to have security clearance. If you can help, call the school office or send a note with your child. The Scholastic Book Fair helps raise funds for our school library.