For the safety of our children, please be courteous and consider the following when dropping off or picking up children from school.
- Avoid double parking
- Watch for signs indicating ‘No Stopping’ and ‘No Parking’ zones
- Leave five (5) metres between your car and any crosswalk markings. This will ensure children are visible when they enter the crosswalk
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street
- Parking too close to stop signs, yield signs or intersections makes it difficult to see children in the area and obstructs the view of other motorists. A distance of 5 metres is required
- Blocking entrances to garages or driveways angers neighbours. Stay back at least 1.5 meters
- No parking in the Staff Parking Lot.
Picking up Students
Parents and older brothers and sisters who are picking up children after school must wait in the entryway by the office. Do not go down to the child’s classroom. We are asking you to do this so that we can make sure there are no strangers in our school. If your child does not know that you are picking them up we will call down to their classroom so that they can meet you by the office. We will be asking you to go to the office if you are in the hallway by your child’s class. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- Please do not stop in the middle of the road to either drop off or pick up your children. This is illegal and can be extremely dangerous for your child.
- The speed limit is 30 km per hour. Please ensure that you are watching out for all of our children.
- No stopping or parking in the bus zone–this is for buses only.
- U-turns are illegal.
- You must be 5 metres from a fire hydrant and marked crosswalks.
- Use crosswalks at all times.
- Please do not park in either parking lot, they are for staff use only and become dangerously crowded when used as a drop off or pick up point.
Our school community depends on your thoughtfulness in working together for the safety of our children.
Before school: Children are not to arrive at school before 8:00 AM as there is no adult supervision available.
After school: All children are to go home and check in with an adult before coming back to play in our creative playground. Only those students who are being supervised by an adult may stay and play.