Cedarbrae Contract For Using Technology
I know that there are some things that I need to do to be allowed to use the computers, iPads, iPods, digital cameras, and other technology at my school.
When I am using technology I will:
- Always carry my computer or iPad with two hands.
- Handle the technology gently.
- Keep my username and password private (its okay for my parents and teacher to know).
- Only log in with my own username and password.
When I am using the Internet I will:
- Only go to the websites my teacher tells me that I may use.
- Keep my personal information private (name, address, city, phone number, email address, family names, school).
- Be kind in all of my interactions with other people (for example: email, D2L).
- Tell my teacher if someone online (email, D2L) is not treating me well, or something has made me feel sad or afraid.
- Tell my teacher if I find something inappropriate (not meant for kids) and not show it to other kids.
- Always check with an adult if I am not sure what to do.
- I know that using the technology at our school is a privilege, and that I must keep my promise. I know that if I don’t keep my promise, I won’t be allowed to use the technology or I might not be allowed to use the internet.