Learning Commons at the CBE
Today’s learners cannot imagine life without the internet and supporting technology. The concept of the traditional library is changing to include technology, online tools and spaces for collaboration and exploration.
Cedarbrae Learning Commons
Welcome to Cedarbrae Learning Commons. Our space is available to all students and is for research, reading and quiet study. Our LC functions as a central location, providing access to books, information technology and other shared materials as well as fostering a love of reading and lifelong learning.
All of our classes have a regular library time, as well as a daily time to exchange their books for others. It is important for students to develop responsibility in caring for and respecting borrowed items for the learning commons. Books need to be returned on their due date or renewed if students need more time to finish the book.
- Students in in Grade 1-6 are able to sign out two books at a time.
- Kindergarten students are able to sign out one book at a time.
- The loan period is 2 weeks with an opportunity for renewal or exchange at any time.
- Children who bring home library books are responsible for taking care of them and should be kept in a safe place.
Students are responsible for returning all resources on time. If resources are late, the following steps will be taken:
- Reminder to the student.
- An overdue notice is sent home.
- Request for payment for lost or damaged items (based upon depreciated value).
- Loss of borrowing privileges until the item is returned or payment is received.
Checking which books are signed out
Students can see what books they have checked out any time by visiting eLibrary and using the login at the top right corner. eLibrary > My Account > Review My Account > Checkouts
· Students use their student ID number as their user name. Their password is their usual CBE password.
If you need help with eLibrary the video’s listed below are excellent tutorials.