The core values of the school provide the foundation for building a positive culture and community. Students and staff are entitled to a safe and healthy learning/working environment. We also want to create an atmosphere, which is welcoming to visitors. Staff and students are expected to follow the following core values:
- Learning is our central purpose
- Respect for self and others
- Creating a positive and supportive community
- Making the world a better place
In order to maintain Centennial’s safe, pleasant, clean and supportive community environment, we endeavour that all students:
- Engage in learning their course work.
- Demonstrate respect for self and others.
- Take pride in and responsibility for our school.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable learning atmosphere.
- Promote responsible, co-operative support among all students and staff.
- Develop good citizenship.
- Respect all members of the School Community.
- Refrain from bullying or harassment of any type.
- Are not in possession of weapons, drugs or alcohol, or under their influence.
- Accept responsibility for the safeguarding of all personal possessions.
One of the foundational principles of High School Redesign is Meaningful Relationships. ‘Yotes allows for teachers to connect with students and helps to ensure that every student has at least one advocate in the building that knows them. Every ‘Yotes teacher also ensures that students have support as they navigate through High School and onto post – secondary. Students remain with the same teacher for 3 years. ‘Yotes occurs most Fridays. More information is on our Student Services page.
The high school was named to reflect the Alberta Centennial and is the proud home of the Coyotes.
“Preparing Students for Life and Work”
"Condita orbis terrarum a melior locus" "Making the world a better place."
An elevator is available to individuals who have a physical disability which prevents them from using the stairs. Elevator Access Cards are available at the Business Office. A $20.00 deposit is required, which will be refunded when the Access Card is returned.