At Centennial High School we take safety and security seriously. It is important that we maintain a safe and caring community so that learning can take place. Involvement with graffiti, weapons, drugs, harassment, intimidation or fighting will result in serious disciplinary action (i.e. suspension, expulsion, police intervention). The school is equipped with video cameras to help in providing a safe and secure learning environment.
The details of any accident are to be reported immediately, either to a teacher or to the Main Office for appropriate documentation and/or communication.
The following activities are NOT acceptable and will be dealt with appropriately.
- Skateboarding/rollerblading on all school board property
- The possession of laser pointers / weapon-like toys or water pistols on school property
- Throwing of snowballs, water balloons or any other objects which could potentially cause damage to persons or property
- Possession of illegal drugs and/or alcohol at school or school activities
- Suspicion of being under the influence of illegal drugs and/or alcohol at school or school activities
- Aggressive and abusive behaviour in the form of verbal, written, or digital threats, fights and/or possession of weapons