We are excited to welcome students back for the 2022-2023 school year!
The main office will open on August 29, 2022 at 8:00 AM.
Please review the information and links below. These will provide useful information and answer any questions you may have about your first day of school, and our day-to-day expectations of students.
Student Photos and ID Cards
August 23, 24, 25 | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
All Grades, Cafeteria
Lifetouch will be taking students photos and ID cards will be available during these three days only. No other services will be available at this time.
Office Availability and First Day of Classes
The school office is open to parents beginning on August 29, 2022. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, and Fridays from 8:00 AM - 1:45 PM.
For the first day of classes, we will have a staggered entry as follows:
Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022
Orientation for Grade 10 students ONLY – 8:40 AM to 12:30 PM
Welcome New Coyotes!! Class of 2025
Your first day will be amazing and will set you up for success during your Centennial High School career. On this day you will:
- Make many new friends in Grade 10
- Acquire wisdom from your Grade 11 & 12 Link Crew Leaders
- Become an expert in “What Every Grade 10 Should Know”
- Meet your teachers and find your classrooms through a shortened timetable
You need to:
- Be On Time - 8:40 am. Meet outside the Gym.
- Wear comfortable clothes –you will be actively moving around and may be outside for a portion of the day
- Do not bring pens, paper, books or backpacks – just bring your comfortably dressed, smiling, glad you are a Coyote self!
- You will not need school supplies for our afternoon mini-timetable classes
Grade 10, 11 and 12 students – 1:00 PM to 3:35 PM
All students will follow their student timetable to meet their teachers and start in their Block 1, Period 1 class at 1:00 pm.
Mini-Timetable for Thursday, September 1, 2022
Block 1, Period 1 1:00 to 1:35
Block 2, Period 2 1:40 to 2:15
Block 3, Period 3 2:20 to 2:55
Block 4, Period 4 3:00 to 3:35
Fee Payment and Timetables
Fee payment, based upon government approval of CBE fees, and parking passes fees will be accessible to view and pay online within the first two weeks of September. Timetables can be found electronically in your MyCBE account.
Course & Timetable Changes
Students can request a course change by filling out the online Request Change Form beginning Sunday, August 21st at 8:00 am, and will close Friday, August 26th at 8:00 pm You can only access the form once, so please be mindful in your planning and requests. Please click on the link below.
Course changes MAY be granted for the following reasons:
- Summer school course completion. If you have passed the course independently elsewhere than the CBE, please provide your official final report card to Guidance. If you attended summer school through CBe-learn, you do not need to provide a final mark to us, but you may have to have the course removed from your timetable.
- If you are missing a course (due to timetable conflicts, you may be missing a course)
- You need to balance academic demands across semesters
- You need to fulfill graduation requirements
- You need a particular course to meet post-secondary entrance requirements
- Unsuccessful completion of a course (missing a pre-requisite course)
- Acceptance into a specialty program (Dual Credit or RAP)
- Course additions or blank timetables (for new registrations)
Course Changes WILL NOT be made based on the following:
- Switching because of a teacher (teacher timetables are subject to change)
- To have certain courses or spares in specific periods
- Switching to be with friends
To request a course change, students must follow this link:
- Counsellors will only contact you if there are questions regarding your schedule
- Please be patient and check PowerSchool closer to the start of classes
Course change requests will be accommodated based on course requests and availability.
School Start & End Times
Our bell times are 8:40 AM to 3:35 PM (Monday to Thursday)
Our bell times for Fridays is 8:40 AM to 1:15 PM
Please see the timetable on Contact Us.
All students can access their timetable electronically via MyCBE no later than the first day of classes. For bell times, please see timetable on our Contact Us page.
Please bring your own basic school supplies, such as pens, pencils, and binders with paper. Your teachers will let you know if additional supplies are required.
View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates. See the CBE website for system calendars.
Textbooks will be issued to students during the first week of classes under the direction of their teachers.
Student ID cards, school pictures and yearbook pictures will be taken by Lifetouch Photography on Tuesday, August 24, Wednesday, August 25 and Thursday, August 26 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Picture Retake Day is on October 20.
Student Parking Passes
Student Parking Pass Application will be available for purchase within the first two weeks of school on a first come, first served basis. There are only 340 parking stalls. School fees must be paid in full in order to purchase a parking pass. The Parking Pass fee is $40. More information is on the Parking and Drop Off page.
Students may participate in events, activities and/or use materials in specific courses that incur user costs. Course outlines will identify these costs, all of which are based upon recovery costs only. More information on our Fees page.
Please visit our Athletics page for tryouts and football information.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details. Please note that the registration process is completed online, but schools can assist with any questions.