We are excited to welcome students back for the 2023-2024 school year!
The main office will open on August 28, 2023 at 8:00am.
Please review the information and links below. These will provide useful information and answer any questions you may have about your first day of school, and our day-to-day expectations of students.
Student Photos and ID Cards
August 28, 29, 30 | 9:00am – 3:00pm
All Grades, Cafeteria
Lifetouch will be taking students photos and ID cards will be available during these three days only. No other services will be available at this time.
Office Availability and First Day of Classes
The school office is open to parents beginning on August 28, 2023. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00am - 4:00pm, and Fridays from 8:00am - 1:45pm. Registrations are done online at https://cbe.ab.ca/registration...
For the first day of classes, we will have a staggered entry as follows:
Thursday, August 31, 2023
Orientation for Grade 10 students ONLY – 8:40am to 12:30pm
Welcome New Coyotes!! Class of 2026
Your first day will be amazing and will set you up for success during your Centennial High School career. On this day you will:
- Make many new friends in Grade 10
- Acquire wisdom from your Grade 11 & 12 Link Crew Leaders
- Become an expert in “What Every Grade 10 Should Know”
- Meet your teachers and find your classrooms through a shortened timetable
You need to:
- Be On Time - 8:40am. Meet outside the Gym.
- Wear comfortable clothes –you will be actively moving around and may be outside for a portion of the day
- Do not bring pens, paper, books or backpacks – just bring your comfortably dressed, smiling, glad you are a Coyote self!
- You will not need school supplies for our afternoon mini-timetable classes
Grade 10, 11 and 12 students – 1:00pm to 3:35pm
All students will follow their student timetable to meet their teachers and start in their Block 1, Period 1 class at 1:00pm.
Mini-Timetable for Thursday, August 31, 2023
Block 1, Period 1 1:00pm to 1:35pm
Block 2, Period 2 1:40pm to 2:15pm
Block 3, Period 3 2:20pm to 2:55pm
Block 4, Period 4 3:00pm to 3:35pm
Course & Timetable Changes
Students can request a course change by filling out the online Request Change Form beginning Sunday, August 20 at 8:00am, and will close Friday, August 25 at 6:00pm You can only access the form once, so please be mindful in your planning and requests. Please click on the link below.
Course changes MAY be granted for the following reasons:
- Summer school course completion. If you have passed the course independently elsewhere than the CBE, please provide your official final report card to Guidance. If you attended summer school through CBe-learn, you do not need to provide a final mark to us, but you may have to have the course removed from your timetable.
- If you are missing a course (due to timetable conflicts, you may be missing a course)
- You need to balance academic demands across semesters
- You need to fulfill graduation requirements
- You need a particular course to meet post-secondary entrance requirements
- Unsuccessful completion of a course (missing a pre-requisite course)
- Acceptance into a specialty program (Dual Credit or RAP)
- Course additions or blank timetables (for new registrations)
Course Changes WILL NOT be made based on the following:
- Switching because of a teacher (teacher timetables are subject to change)
- To have certain courses or spares in specific periods
- Switching to be with friends
To request a course change, students must follow this link:
Course Change Request Form
- Counsellors will only contact you if there are questions regarding your schedule
- Please be patient and check PowerSchool closer to the start of classes
Course change requests will be accommodated based on course requests and availability.
School Start & End Times
Our bell times are 8:40am to 3:35pm (Monday to Thursday)
Our bell times for Fridays is 8:40am to 1:15pm
Please see the timetable on Contact Us.
All students can access their timetable electronically via MyCBE no later than the first day of classes. For bell times, please see timetable on our Contact Us page.
Please bring your own basic school supplies, such as pens, pencils, and binders with paper. Your teachers will let you know if additional supplies are required.
View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates. See the CBE website for system calendars.
Textbooks will be issued to students during the first week of classes under the direction of their teachers. Students will need their ID cards to sign out items.
Student ID cards, school pictures and yearbook pictures will be taken by Lifetouch Photography on Monday, August 28, Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30 from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Picture Retake Day is on October 18.
Student Parking Passes
Student Parking Pass Application will be available for purchase within the first two weeks of school on a first come, first served basis. There are only 340 parking stalls. School fees must be paid in full in order to purchase a parking pass. The Parking Pass fee is $40. More information is on the Parking and Drop Off page.
Students may participate in events, activities and/or use materials in specific courses that incur user costs. Course outlines will identify these costs, all of which are based upon recovery costs only. More information on our Fees page.
Please visit our Athletics page for tryouts and football information.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details. Please note that the registration process is completed online, but schools can assist with any questions.