Student Photos and ID Cards
August 25, 26, 27 | 9:00 AM. – 3:00 PM
All Grades, Gymnasium
Lifetouch will be taking students photos and ID cards will be available during these three days only. No other services will be available at this time.
Office Availability and First Day of Classes
The school office is open to parents on Monday, August 24- August 27, 2019 from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, and August 28 from 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM. Our first day of classes is Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020.
For the first 2 days of classes, we will have a staggered entry as follows:
Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020
Grade 10 students ONLY – 8:50 AM to 1:00 PM
Welcome New Coyotes!! Class of 2023
Your first day will be amazing and will set you up for success during your Centennial High School career. On this day you will:
- Make many new friends in Grade 10
- Acquire wisdom from your Grade 11 & 12 Link Crew Leaders
- Become an expert in “What Every Grade 10 Should Know”
- Meet your teachers and find your classrooms through a shortened timetable
You need to:
- Be On Time - 8:50 a.m. Please
- Wear comfortable clothes –you will be actively moving around and may be outside for a portion of the day
- Do not bring pens, paper, books or backpacks – just bring your comfortably dressed, smiling, glad you are a Coyote self!
Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020
Grades 10, 11 and 12 students – 8:50 AM to 3:35 PM
Welcome Back Coyotes!!
All students must attend their ‘YOTES class at 8:50 AM for distribution of official timetables and locker assignments. Modified Class Schedule begins at 9:45 AM.
Fee Payment and Timetables
Fee payment, based upon government approval of CBE fees, and parking passes fees will be accessible to view and pay online within the first two weeks of September. Timetables can be found electronically on PowerSchool.
Guidance Counsellors New Registrations
If you have course change requests, please click here and fill out our electronic request form. Your guidance counsellor will be in touch regarding your submitted requests as soon as possible, and no later than September 10th. In the meantime, we ask that you attend the classes that are currently on your schedule.
You May Need to Change a Course if:
- You have passed a course independently elsewhere than the CBE. (Please provide your official final report card)
- If you attended Summer School through Chinook Learning or CBe-learn
- You need to fulfill graduation requirements.
- You need to balance academic demands across semesters (for grade 10 students, you should have two core classes per semester, such as Math and English or Science and Social Studies, grade 11 and 12 students). We will ONLY make adjustments based on course requests and availability.
- You need a particular course to meet your post-secondary entrance requirements.
- You have See Counsellor as a course.
- You have an incomplete timetable.
Students are unable to make timetable requests for:
- Specific teachers
- Classes in specific periods
- Spare(s) in specific periods
What is the Deadline for Course Changes? Course changes must be completed by Thursday, September 10 at 3:30 PM.
School Start & End Times
Our bell times are 8:50 AM to 3:35 PM (Monday to Thursday)
Our bell times for Fridays is 8:50 AM to 2:05 PM
Please see the timetable on Contact Us.
All students can access their timetable electronically via PowerSchool no later than the first day of classes. For bell times, please see timetable on our Contact Us page.
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our school calendar for upcoming events.
For system calendars, please visit: http://www.cbe.ab.ca/registration/calendars.
Textbooks will be issued to students during the first week of classes under the direction of their teachers.
Student ID cards, school pictures and yearbook pictures will be taken by Lifetouch Photography on Tuesday, August 25, Wednesday, August 26 and Thursday, August 27 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Picture Retake Day is in October.
Student Parking Passes
Student Parking Passes will be available for purchase within the first two weeks of school on a first come, first served basis. There are only 340 parking stalls. School fees must be paid in full in order to purchase a parking pass. The Parking Pass fee is $40. More information is on the Parking and Drop Off page.
Students may participate in events, activities and/or use materials in specific courses that incur user costs. Course outlines will identify these costs, all of which are based upon recovery costs only. More information on our Fees page.
Please visit our Athletics page for tryouts and football information.
Our school office opens on Monday, August 24 for new registration.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.