The fine and performing arts are for everyone, whether you choose to explore and develop a new interest or specialize in a current interest. Participation in the arts enhances your creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Fine and Performing Arts at Centennial Includes:
- Visual Arts: Art, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, Leadership in the Arts
- Drama: Drama, Advanced Acting & Touring, Technical Theatre, Leadership in the Arts
- Band: Instrumental Music, Symphonic Band, Instrumental Jazz, Leadership in the Arts
- Choral Music: Choral Music, Choir, Vocal Jazz, Leadership in the Arts
- Electronic Music: General Music
Fine and Performing Arts Certificate (Leadership in the Arts)
The Fine and Performing Arts are for everyone whether you chose to explore and develop a new interest or specialize in a current interest. Participation in the Arts enhances your creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities. In order to
receive the Fine and Performing Arts Certificate, a minimum of 30 credits in the Fine and Performing Arts is required as well as Leadership in the Arts 35, or the Junior Achievement Entrepreneurial Artist opportunity. Students are able to determine their own personal pathway to achieving the certificate and may include courses from the Fine and Performing Arts, Career and Technology Studies, locally developed courses or related work experience.
In this course students will:
- purposefully reflect upon learning experiences in the Fine Arts disciplines as a cross-disciplinary group,
- explore how they see themselves as artists,
- become more aware of the process involved in preparing for the marketing and business aspect of being a professional artist in art, music, drama, dance, design, writing or film.