We await updates regarding the 2021 graduation ceremonies.
Graduation Jewelry- Jostens will be at Centennial on Monday, September 21st for a graduation jewelry preview.
Previous Information: GRADUATION 2020
The 2020 graduation ceremonies have been cancelled. Please refer to CBE communications for the most up-to-date information.
Update: Ceremony / Banquet 2020
This May we would normally be celebrating the achievement of our Grade 12 students through our graduation ceremonies and banquets. This is an important rite of passage for students, staff and families and it was a heartbreaking decision to have to cancel them this year due to the COVID-19 situation.
We have been putting together a video tribute for our students that will be available by early June but we know that cannot replace the opportunity to celebrate this occasion with friends and family.
We have been asked many times if there is any way we can provide an in-person celebration once classes are back in session. We understand how important it is to mark the many years of hard work, sacrifice and learning. So on the recommendation of all high school principals, the CBE is going to set aside a non-instructional half-day in 2020-21 to allow for an informal gathering for the graduating class of 2020.
This date and other details regarding the celebration will be determined once school has commenced in the fall and after AHS has provided additional guidelines for protecting the health of students, staff and families at social gatherings. There will be one common date for all high schools.
We know that this isn’t the graduation that all of us envisioned when we started the 2019-20 school year, but we want all of our graduates to be recognized for their accomplishments even though we can’t be together during this time.
More details will be shared as soon as they become available. In the fall please look to the graduation section of our website for further information.
In the meantime, Grade 12s will still be offered an opportunity to pick up their yearbooks and Graduation Memory Package during the weeks of June 15-26, as well as to drop off any loaned technology and textbooks. We will be in touch soon to provide more information about pick up, and about next year’s celebration.
Centennial High School
Previous Graduation Information
Participation in Graduation Ceremonies requires students to:
- Have earned the required credits and courses to meet the Alberta Education requirements for a High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Achievement
- Be a student in good standing according to the school' code of conduct
Individual cases will be considered on their own merits.
To book your appointment, visit the Lifetouch website. Graduation sittings starting Jan. 27, 2020.
Grad 2020 Dates
- Graduation Ceremony: Thursday, May 21, 2020 at the Stampede Corral at 9:00 AM
- Graduation Banquet and Dance: Thursday, May 21, 2020 at the BMO Centre, Stampede Park at 5:00 PM
Ms. Hovan | General Inquiries and Ceremony
Ms. Dubroja | Banquet Inquiries only
Ceremony: The graduation exercises at the Stampede Corral are for the purpose of officially recognizing your twelve years of public school education.
Graduand: A student who is about to graduate.
Processional: The process of entering the graduation venue.
Recessional: The process of exiting the graduation venue.
The ceremony is an important part of your graduation. This is an event in which your family, friends, teachers, peers and community will formally recognize and celebrate your success. It takes place at the Stampede Corral on the Stampede Grounds on Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 9:00 AM. There are no tickets for this event. Doors will open at 8:30 AM for all guests.
The program consists of a processional, during which graduands, guests, and teachers enter the arena in their academic gowns while the audience stands to receive them. This is followed by a program of messages, introductions and musical interludes. Each graduand crosses the stage to receive a certificate and congratulations from the Principal and a Calgary Board of Education Trustee. Lifetouch will take a picture of you as you receive your certificate. These pictures will be available on the LifeTouch website after the ceremony and are a part of the Grad Fees paid at the beginning of the school year.
As this is a formal ceremony, the audience is requested to dress in business attire, pay respectful attention to the speeches and musical performances, and to remain in the arena until after the recessional. Friends and family are requested to refrain from cheering and giving flowers or gifts during the ceremony. They are asked to withhold their applause until after each group of graduands is presented.
The graduation ceremony is approximately two and a half hours in length and is not suitable for young children. Seating for people with special needs is available. Please email James Alato at email@example.com to arrange for access.
Guests and graduands are asked to park in lots 3, 5, and 6. Please ask at the kiosk for a multi-entry ticket if you are attending both the banquet and the ceremony. Here is a map of Stampede Park.
Graduands will enter the building at the Stampede Store entrance and proceed around the arena to the gowning area located behind the drapes. There will be plenty of signage. Graduands are asked to be at the gowning area by no later than 8:15 AM. Students will then proceed to be lined up by the Marshalls. Guests will not be permitted to enter the gowning area. The processional will begin at 9:00 AM sharp.
Graduands should arrive at the Stampede Corral at 9:15 AM promptly to pick up academic gowns and prepare for the ceremony. Academic gowns will be available in the gowning area behind the draped off section of the corridor. Academic gowns and V Stoles are to be returned no later than 30 minutes after the conclusion of the graduating exercises. There will be a $100 fee for late gown return.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal
Thursday, May 14, 2020
8:50 AM to 10:15 AM
Students MUST be in their ‘YOTES classes by 8:50 AM
It is very important that all graduands participating in the exercises be at the rehearsal to learn the procedures for the processional and recessional as well as any last minute details.
The Grad List
Students must be on the Centennial High School Graduation List to take part in the ceremony. The list will be posted outside of the Guidance Offices at the P and T wings on April 9, 2020. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that he/she is on the list and that his/her name is spelled correctly. The final graduation list should be posted at the end of April 30, 2020, after which time no changes will be made.
A dress, dress pants with shirt and tie or blouse, or skirt and blouse can be worn under the grad gown. Long dresses are not appropriate at the exercises, as this is an academic occasion. Corsages are not worn on academic gowns. Dress shoes should be comfortable for walking across the stage.
Graduands will not be permitted to take purses, hats, cameras, cell phones, iPods or other items into the ceremony. Please leave these items with family or friends to avoid having to leave them behind in the gowning area. The school will not assume responsibility for the security of any student’s personal items.
At the stage, a professional photographer from Lifetouch will be taking photographs of each student. A complimentary 5” x 7” handshake photograph will be provided and additional copies may be purchased online.
Friends and family are requested not to interrupt the ceremony by coming to the front to take pictures. This disturbs the audience and prevents others from seeing and hearing their graduand’s name being called. If friends and family wish to take pictures, they are asked to do so from their seat.
Graduation Banquet and Dance
Thursday, May 21, 2020
BMO Centre, Ballroom E Stampede Park
Reception at 5:00 PM Dinner at 6:00 PM
Banquet Attire and Etiquette
- Student dress is formal or semi-formal. Both long dresses and cocktail dresses are appropriate. Tuxedos, suits or jackets and dress pants are also appropriate.
- There is a complimentary coat check located outside of the hall.
- The doors open to the Banquet Hall at 5:00 p.m. Dinner will be served promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- Please remember that this is a buffet style dinner reception. Should you have any questions at the banquet regarding food or service, please direct concerns to BMO Staff.
- No alcohol is permitted in the Banquet Hall. All students, guests, and parents’ bags will be searched upon entry to the Banquet Hall.
- Please be respectful of the BMO Center security staff. It is their job to search all bags entering the Banquet Hall.
- Once students, parents and guests have entered the Banquet Hall they are required to remain inside. Re-entry is not permitted for students. Parents and/or guardians may re-enter however bags will be checked upon re-entry.
Banquet Parking & Security
- Guests and graduands are asked to park in lots 3, 5, and 6. A map of Stampede Park is available here.
- There is also a confirmed area in front of the BMO Centre designated as a taxi, car, or limousine drop-off.
- The emergency number set up for babysitters is the security dispatch operator at 403-261-0595.
Banquet Meal Options
When purchasing grad banquet tickets you will be required to specify the meal choice for each guest, Regular Meal or Vegetarian/Vegan.(gf-gluten free, v-vegetarian/vegan, df-dairy free).
All Regular Meals include the following
- Carved Alberta Beef with Natural jus, Stampede Horseradish (gf, df)
- Baked Dinner Rolls with Butter (pre–set on tables)
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore (gf, df)
- Herb Infused Roasted Potatoes (gf, df, v)
- Seasonal Garden Vegetables (gf, df, v)
- Garden Greens and Vegetables with Herb Vinaigrette (gf, df, v)
- Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Lemon and Fresh Herbs (gf, df, v)
- Mediterranean Penne Pasta Salad (df, v)
- Family Style Dessert (one per table of eight): Double Chocolate Torte (gf, v) with Raspberry Coulis (gf, df, v)
Vegetarian or Vegan Menu
(All items will be gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian and vegan)
- Garden Greens and Vegetables with Herb Vinaigrette
- Quinoa and Chickpea Salad with Lemon and Fresh Herbs
- Tomato, Onion and Basil Salad with Olive Oil
- Cauliflower Rice, Lentil with Beyond Meat Sausage Cassoulet
- Saffron Scented Rice Pilaf
- Root Vegetable Kapunata
- House made Chocolate Brownie with Raspberry Coulis
- Self-Serve Stations with selection of Canned Soft Drinks, Iced Tea, Arabica Coffee and Selection of Teas
Special Dietary Menus
We are pleased to accommodate requests due to allergies or food intolerances. We are able to provide a vegetarian/vegan meal or an allergy meal (nuts, gluten, dairy). Any “other Allergy” menu requests would be at the Chef’s discretion. Please note that allergy meals are tailored specifically to guests that have allergic reactions however, all menu items may contain trace amounts of gluten, dairy, nuts and nut oils. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate food preferences.
Purchasing Banquet Tickets
Ticket Cost: $105.00 (GST inclusive) per Banquet Ticket
Grad tickets are ordered online through RightLabs. If you would like a sneak peak of the process feel free to watch a 90 second demo at InviteRight Graduation Banquet Ticketing
(Please note that tickets must be picked up in E204 starting Tuesday May 12, 2020, they will not be available to print online).
Grad tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, April 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM until Friday, April 24, 2020 at 11:00 PM. Each graduand may purchase a total of 8 tickets at this time (one for the graduand plus 7 guests)
Additional tickets will be available online on a first come first served basis from 9:00 AM Monday, April 27 to 11:00 PM on Thursday, April 30 2020. No tickets will be sold after 11:00 PM Thursday, April 30, no exceptions.
You must complete four steps in order to ensure a place at the Graduation Banquet and Dance:
- Order your tickets online.
- Choose table seating online.
- Pay for tickets (online by credit card or Interac).
- Pick up your tickets in Room E204 from May 12-14, 2020. Unclaimed tickets MUST be picked up at school during lunch on Thursday, May 14, 2020 only!! (No tickets will be handed out at the ceremony or the banquet).
Each graduand may login with their student ID any number of times. Tables cannot be reserved. Therefore, tickets bought at separate times may not be possible to sit together. Because of this it is better to purchase all of your tickets at one time.
How do I order my grad tickets?
To access the online ticketing system you will click on the link (Grad Banquet Tickets).
- You will choose online ticket sales.
- You will enter your graduand details, including the graduand’s student number, the number of tickets you want to order, and your name and contact information (including a valid email address).
- Add your guest names.
- Enter the number of allergy or vegetarian/vegan meals required (allergy meal is gluten free, nut free, and lactose free).
How do I pay for my grad tickets?
Payment online with credit card or Interac:
- You will be directed to a new page and prompted to enter your credit card or Interac information into the secure online payment system.
- RightLab is hosted within a secure socket layer (SSL) and its own security certificate and has the same security as your bank for internet banking. Online credit card transactions are processed via a secure online payment system (TD VISA).
- Confirmation – You will receive an email confirmation with the event details. The email confirmation is not needed to pick up your tickets.
Purchasing unsold banquet tickets (Monday, April 27 – Thursday, April 30, 2020)
Initial offering of tickets is maximum 8 tickets per student. Extra tickets may be purchased online starting on April 27 at 9:00 am and will be available until, April 30 ONLY on a first come first served basis.
No graduation banquet tickets will be sold after April 30, 2020 at 11:00 PM
How do I pick up my grad tickets?
Tickets may be picked up in Room E204 based on the graduand’s last name. Centennial High School I.D. is required to pick up the tickets. Only the person whose name appears as the graduand on the online ticketing form will be able to pick up their tickets.
- A – L Tuesday, May 12 (at lunch)
- M – Z Wednesday, May 13 (at lunch)
- Unclaimed tickets Thursday, May 14 (at lunch)
- Unclaimed tickets MUST be picked up on May 14 only (no tickets will be handed out at the ceremony or the banquet)
For groups wanting to be seated together:
- Tables seat parties of 8 people.
- It is up to the graduands to choose their seats using the online system.
- If graduands wish to sit at the same and/or adjacent tables they will be able to view a map of all available seats/tables at the time of booking.
- Students are responsible for choosing where they sit and whom they sit with.
- Once their seats have been chosen, they cannot be changed.
- Please be advised that tickets purchased during the time period of April 27 – April 30, 2020 have limited seating available.
Any banquet ticketing concerns should be addressed to Ms. Dubroja at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 2020 Legacy Gift
Since the first graduating class at Centennial, the Grade 12 students have been responsible for presenting a Legacy Gift to leave behind for the school. In the past, the gift has been anything from donations to local and international charities, sculptures, hallway benches, and the outdoor tables in the Learning Gardens. As you draw nearer the end of your high school career, it is your turn to select what you want to leave behind as your Legacy Gift. The selection of the Legacy Gift will occur in ‘YOTES class.
Banquet Baby Photo Slide Show
This year we will be having a special addition to the grad banquet program... Your baby photos! It's really fun for your friends and family to see how much you have changed and how far you have come on this momentous day.
It's so easy to participate.
Find a baby photo.
Option 1: For Digital photos
- Go to the D2L site "Grad 2019 Baby Photos"
- Open the link to the Google Forms and fill out the form entirely
- Upload your baby photo using the following file format name: student ID_last name_first name_babyphoto
- Example: 123456_Smith_Jane_babyphoto
Option 2: Scan and email digital copy of photo
· Email a copy of the baby photo to Ms. Ruault at email@example.com with photo file name as last name_first name_ student ID_babyphoto. In the subject line please put the student’s full name + baby photo.
Photos must be submitted by Friday, May 1 in order to be in the slide show