Rules for Final Exams
*CURRENT Student ID is required for all exams*
At Centennial High School, procedures/rules for all exams follow the standards and expectations of Alberta Education for Diploma Exams in order to maintain consistency and to support students in their understanding of the exam process.
- Students must check the exam schedule to confirm their exam dates and times (exams begin at 09:00 or 13:00); students should arrive at exam locations at least 15 minutes early.
- Exams are written in the gym, library, multimedia lab, and some classrooms.
- Students should check the list outside of the library or on the Main Office window prior to their examination to determine their writing location.
- Any personal items, jackets, etc. need to be placed in a secure location prior to students going to their exam location (student lockers, vehicles, at home).
- Students cannot leave personal belongings at exam locations.
The following will NOT be allowed into any exam room. Failure to comply will result in the student receiving a zero on their exam.
- Cell phones – even if they are turned off
- All watches and wearable/portable electronic devices of any kind
- Hand-held electronic dictionaries
- Loose coats/sweaters/hoodies with pockets
- Back packs/purses
- Pencil cases (clear plastic bags are okay)
- Calculator cases
- Print material, notes or blank paper
- You may bring an unopened bottle of water with you. It must be in a clear, colourless bottle and the label must be removed.
Note: Remember to return your textbooks on the day of your Final Exam!
Thank you and best of luck on your Final Exams!
Centennial High School Administration