Booking and Appointment & Hours
Appointments with Guidance Counsellors can be made through Ms. Day. Please call 403-243-8880 ext. 2320
• Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
• Friday: 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Every student is assigned to a Counsellor by Surname.
• A - G: Ms. P. Banack, ext. 2313 (Learning Leader - International Coordinator)
• H – O: Ms. T. McEachern, ext. 2317 (Learning Leader – Special Education)
• P - Z: Mr. J. Stroh ext. 2323 (Graduation Coordinator)
How Can We Help
We are here to assist you in any of the following areas:
- Educational Counselling
- Program planning, course registration, timetable conflicts, information packages, applications to summer school, online, or self-directed learning, study skills
- Personal / Social Counselling
- Personal issues, stress management, mental health and wellness advice, life events and transitions, crisis intervention, relationship issues, health concerns, substance abuse, referrals and consultation with outside agencies, advocacy, financial support
- Post-Secondary Planning
- Alberta post-secondary fair, post-secondary lunch hour information sessions, scholarship/loan information, post-secondary application information, setting and monitoring progress of personal goals
- Career Counselling
To assist students in exploring and planning for further education and/or school-to-work transition. Includes: personal goal setting, self-assessment, occupational and post-secondary information.
Course or Timetable Changes & Process
Students are encouraged to remain committed to their course selection. But, sometimes changes need to be made.
Students with issues regarding their timetable or course registration must see a guidance counselor as soon as possible and if needing to withdraw from a course, must see their guidance counselor prior to the “Course Drop Deadline” - see Student Services for specific dates.
Students are expected to continue attending all courses, including those they wish to drop, until the course withdrawal process is complete. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the withdrawal process is complete. Student transcripts will reflect any failing grades unless a student has properly with-drawn from a course and followed the process by the assigned deadline.
In very rare occasions administration may deem a student’s situation to warrant an exception and after significant discussion with the student, parents/guardians, teachers, and guidance counselor, administration may forgo the course drop process and deadline.
Course selection changes based on “teacher preference” are not considered. We try to ensure students have access to needed courses while keeping class sizes balanced. All our teachers are certified professionals.