Registration for Grades 10-12 at CMHS/CTC
High School registration runs from February to September. If you are looking to join our school mid-year, please contact the main office to meet with an administrator to discuss transfer.
Performance and Visual Arts (PVA)
General Registration Guidelines
Students are required to take 8 courses (including English Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Science, Physical Education, and 3 complementary courses). Some exceptions may apply but must be discussed with your guidance counsellor.
- Students are required to take 7 courses + CALM 20
- Grade 11 students may register in Grade 12 Math/Science courses if space is available
- Some exceptions may apply but must be discussed with your guidance counsellor.
- Recommend a program of at least six full courses, (minimum of 3 full courses each semester)
- Students may take Grade 10 courses if space is available and only after meeting with their Guidance Counsellor or Assistant Principal.
- To be eligible for graduation, Grade 12 students must complete their program (Alberta High School Diploma or High School Certificate of Achievement –K&E) by June or have a plan for completion by August (must have 95 credits) of the school year
Additional Registration Information
- Students who fail a core subject may receive a teacher recommendation to move to a lower level course at the next grade level. Retroactive credits will be granted when students pass the next course.
- Students at our school may be allowed to repeat a failed course. This opportunity will likely be offered in the next school year. Priority is given to students completing courses for the first time or to students graduating.
- Students may register for one summer school course at Chinook Learning or CBe-learn.
- Students who wish to upgrade a mark in a passed course will be directed to Chinook Learning or CBe-learn.
- Course Challenge: this is a formal process established by Alberta Learning and the Calgary Board of Education (Administrative Regulation 6021 | Course Challenge). Information is available from each course Learning Leader, Assistant Principal and Counsellor.