Regular Program Registration​

To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

​​​​​​​​​​Transferring Between CBE Schools

At the CBE, when you are transitioning from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find out what your designated school is, use our Find a School tool. 

If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit CBE's Transfers page for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests. 


How to Register

Registration for Grades 10-12 at CMHS/CTC

High School registration runs from February to September. If you are looking to join our school mid-year, please contact the main office to meet with an administrator to discuss transfer.

Performance and Visual Arts (PVA)

This is an enhanced artistic learning program at our school. Students with artistic commitment and passion for the following artistic programs (Theatre Arts, Dance, Band, Vocal, Strings, Fashion Design, Media Arts, Visual Arts, and Technical Theatre) have the opportunity to take their program classes for the full school-year over three years and additional focused classes outside the school timetable (PVA Theatre, PVA Music, and PVA Technical Theatre only). 

Students who are interested in this program are required to complete a digital expression of interest application form and also audition/interview/portfolio review with the teachers in the program. 

To learn more about the process of being invited into one of the PVA programs at Central, click the link:

Application Process and Registration Process for Students Interested In PVA Programs

To learn more about each PVA program and how students learn with us, please visit the Performing & Visual Arts page on this website: Performing & Visual Arts (PVA) at Central

General Registration Guidelines

Grade 10

Students are required to take 8 courses (including English Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Science, Physical Education, and 3 complementary courses). Some exceptions may apply but must be discussed with your guidance counsellor.

Grade 11

  • Students are required to take 7 courses + CALM 20
  • Grade 11 students may register in Grade 12 Math/Science courses if space is available
  • Some exceptions may apply but must be discussed with your guidance counsellor.

Grade 12

  • Recommend a program of at least six full courses, (minimum of 3 full courses each semester)
  • Students may take Grade 10 courses if space is available and only after meeting with their Guidance Counsellor or Assistant Principal.
  • To be eligible for graduation,  Grade 12 students must complete their program (Alberta High School Diploma or High School Certificate of Achievement –K&E) by June or have a plan for completion by August (must have 95 credits) of the school year

Additional Registration Information

  • Students who fail a core subject may receive a teacher recommendation to move to a lower level course at the next grade level. Retroactive credits will be granted when students pass the next course.
  • Students at our school may be allowed to repeat a failed course. This opportunity will likely be offered in the next school year. Priority is given to students completing courses for the first time or to students graduating. 
  • Students may register for one summer school course at Chinook Learning or CBe-learn. 
  • Students who wish to upgrade a mark in a passed course will be directed to Chinook Learning or CBe-learn. 
  • Course Challenge: this is a formal process established by Alberta Learning and the Calgary Board of Education (Administrative Regulation 6021 | Course Challenge). Information is available from each course Learning Leader, Assistant Principal and Counsellor. 

Last modified on