Dressing for Success
Chaparral School is the place of work for our students and staff and as such all members of our learning community are asked to dress in a professional manner that supports active learning in an elementary school setting. The following guidelines promote a culture of respect by encouraging sensitivity to the values and expectations of our diverse community.
- Dressing appropriately for the weather and for the learning tasks. Being outdoors for Physical-Education, field-trips and recess often requires extra layers, snow pants, warm coats, mitts, and head wear.
- Choosing print and graphics that are respectable and appropriate for young children.
- All students are asked to have a pair of indoor shoes, as well as the outdoor shoes/boots that are worn to school. Indoor shoes should be a pair of running shoes with non-marking soles so that they can be used for Physical-Education class.
- Please label all items of clothing using permanent marker as we try to return lost items to their owners
- Students are asked to remove hats and hoods inside classrooms (reasonable exceptions apply), and to ensure that shirts or jackets are available to be worn over tank tops.