School Safety Patrols - Program is on hold
Because of Covid 19, we have temporarily suspended our Safety Patrols Program. Please continue to coach and teach your child/ren to cross at the cross walk, use the crosswalk lights and to ensure that they pay attention to the traffic and only cross when safe.
Safety Patrols are compromised of our Grade 5 and 6 students. They are on duty from 8:25 to 8:40 A.M. and from 3:15 PM to 3:30 PM each day to ensure student safety. Patrols will not be on duty if the temperature, including the wind chill, is -20C or colder. Patrols may also be cancelled when visibility is poor or when the roads are excessively slippery. When school patrols are not on duty, we would appreciate the cooperation of all parents and students in ensuring that crossings are completed with extra care and attention.
We have many families and buses arriving at our school each day and want to ensure that students are as safe as possible. We ask that families drop students off on Chaparral Drive, in the drop zone, and not the bus zone of the school. This way your children can safely walk across the grass to their doors.
If parking at the school, please use street parking. The back parking lot is reserved for staff. Please help keep the traffic flowing by not parking along the bus drop off zone as this causes traffic problems for the buses arriving at the school.
- Keep the traffic moving. Avoid drop off in the staff parking lot.
- Respect our neighbours. Avoid blocking their driveways.
- As a courtesy to all, if you need to park (i.e. stop for more than 2 minutes), please leave your vehicle in a place outside of the drop-off zone.
- Teach your child to cross safely at a crosswalk, listen to our student patrollers, and to always avoid walking between parked cars or buses.
- Instruct children who cycle, or ride a scooter or skateboard to school to walk onto school property. Scooters and bikes must be locked up to the front bike racks as there is no room in classrooms to store these items.
For information see the Security page.
Alternative Arrangements for Pick Up
When a different caregiver is picking children up it is extremely important that a clear meeting place is established and that both the child and the pick up person are very clear as to where they are to connect. Our office becomes very busy at the end of the day as we load buses etc. It is very difficult accommodate phone calls and last minute arrangements for playdates. These need to be made well in advance of the end of the school day.