The Noon Supervision service is available to all students who wish to attend and whose parents complete the registration process and agree to pay the Noon Supervision fee. The program is designed to be financially self-supporting and there is an annual cost to access this service.
There is also an incidental (non-mandatory) activity fee. This fee will be used to cover the costs of games, equipment, and other incidentals throughout the year.
For families who only need to use the program on a drop-in basis, a daily fee of $5.00 per student per day will be charged. Application forms are available online and in the school office. Waiver forms are also available. At the beginning of each year, Noon Supervisors will review routines for the program so that students are aware of and understand the behaviour expectations.
Lunchtime Student Expectation
Chaparral School offers a Calgary Board of Education-run noon supervision program. Students participating in the noon-supervision program are expected to demonstrate the same respectful, responsible and caring behavior outlined above during the lunch period.
Students develop positive social and eating habits by:
- helping pack their lunches with healthy choices
- eating what is provided and taking home uneaten food
- remaining seated while eating
- helping maintain an acceptable noise level
- thoroughly tidying the eating area when finished
- taking part in activities that are conducive to the lunchroom space when clean up is completed
Information about current fee rates and registration can be found here.