CBE policies suggest that families set aside some regular time each evening for home study. The amount of time varies from 5-10 minutes in Division I, to 20 minutes in Division II. We strongly encourage children to read each night, either with an adult or independently.
Circle of Courage at Chaparral
The Circle of Courage is a set of shared values and common language that we believe must be present in order to unify our learning community. These shared values include belonging, independence, mastery and generosity. The Circle of Courage is intended to engage all members of our learning community fostering self-esteem, a sense of self-worth and inclusiveness.
Calgary Board of Education Results
- Each student, in keeping with his or her individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
R-2: Academic Success
- Each student will be literate and numerate, able to integrate and apply knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies acquired across all academic disciplines.
- Each student will be a responsible citizen.
R-4: Personal Development
- Each student will identify and actively develop individual gifts, talents and interests.
- Each student will demonstrate good character.