We must put children’s safety ahead of convenience.
Be reminded of the importance of walking and driving carefully, especially in the vicinity of the school. This is very busy area especially with several school buses transporting children to and from our school, before and after school and at lunch time of each day.
Guidelines to Follow
- The school neighbourhood is a playground zone. Drive slowly, within the speed limit, when in the vicinity of the school.
- Exercise special caution when driving in the vicinity of the school, especially since we have five large school buses coming to, and leaving from, CJM each day. A bus brings and takes Kindergarten students between 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM also. It is important that drivers be alert and look out for children on the streets around the school.
- Follow the street signs posted at the front of the school and park only in the designated areas. Do not park in the bus zone. Our school buses must be able to get in and out safely to drop off and pick up children.
- Do not obstruct our neighbours’ driveways when you park.
- Children and adults must cross at the designated crosswalks only. It is important that parents support the children, and us, by crossing properly also. Please do not jaywalk across streets.
- Periodically, when we observe careless of dangerous driver or pedestrian behavior around the school, we report this to the police. Parents can face police action, often with heavy fines, for violating city bylaws and traffic rules.
Staff Parking lot is a No-Go Zone
Do not use the parking lot for pick-up and drop-off. This is very unsafe. The children have been taught to stay away from the parking lot.