How to Register for the TLC Program
Update February 5, 2021: Please note that the TLC Application Period ends at 12pm (noon), Tuesday, February 9, 2021. We can accept applications after this date but they will not be included in the lottery draw. This means that all late applications will be placed at the end of the waiting list.
Chief Justice Milvain will continue to offer the TLC program in 2021 - 2022 for Kindergarten to Grade Five students living in the communities of Whitehorn, Coral Springs and Taradale only. If you live outside of these communities please visit the CBE's find a school webpage to locate the school your child will be designated to for the TLC program.
Please note that there will not be an information night this year due to COVID-19 restrictions. As outlined below, families will need to review all available information to ensure they are informed about the TLC program.
- All applications must be completed and submitted by a legal guardian.
- You must review the TLC Program for 2020-21 school year document located as an attachment on this webpage (under the resources heading).
- You must read and understand the information regarding the TLC program found on the CBE Website.
- Understand that this is a lottery process. It is not a "first come, first served" process.
- Review the Transportation Information for Alternative Programs
- Ensure registration forms and documents are submitted to Chief Justice Milvain school office (as per the directions below) between January 11, 2021 and 12pm (noon) February 10, 2021.
Directions for Applications
Applications will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday January 11, 2021 until 12pm (noon) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Please scan your forms rather than take photographs of them. There are many free scanning apps that can be downloaded on your phone or tablet.
- Please ensure that all pages of all forms are scanned - they are all required.
The school will contact you, once forms have been submitted, to arrange an appointment to bring in the required documents.
- Please send your application with enough time for the school to contact you and schedule an appointment. The application won't be complete until the school has seen your documents in person.
Timeline for TLC Applications
|January 11, 2021||Application period opens|
|February 09, 2021||Application period closes at 12pm (noon)|
|February 10, 2021||Lottery is drawn|
|March 01, 2021||Parents/ Legal Guardians notified of Lottery outcomes|
|March 12, 2021||Parents/ Legal Guardians must accept or decline their spots|
Application Forms Required
Please review the TLC Application Process based on Community that is attached to this webpage (under the Resources heading). This document very specifically outlines the exact process that needs to be followed based on your family's current residential community.