How to Apply for the TLC Program
This page will be updated prior to January 17, 2022 with information regarding the application process for the 2022-2023 school year.
- The application period for the 2022-2023 school year starts on January 17, 2022.
- Use our Find a School tool to find your designated school, selecting Traditional Learning Centre under the View Program Options drop down menu and selecting the appropriate grade.
- Chief Justice Milvain School runs a Kindergarten to Grade 5 TLC program. We intake from the communities of Coral Springs, Taradale, and Whitehorn.
For families that are new to the CBE and non Canadian citizens, please note you must first attend the CBE Wecome Centre for an initial assessment prior to applying for an Alternative Program.
Timeline for TLC Applications
|January 17, 2022||TLC Application Period Opens|
|February 15, 2022 at noon||TLC Application Period Closes|
|February 16, 2022||TLC Lottery|
|February 25, 2022||Legal Guardians are notified of results|
|March 11, 2022||Legal Guardians must accept or decline offered spot in program|
Review the Following Information About the TLC Program
How to Apply for the TLC Program at Chief Justice Milvain
For all Interested Students Kindergarten - Grade 5 - Two documents are required to apply. Please email both documents to ChiefJusticeMilvain@cbe.ab.ca. If documents are being sent in two emails please clearly indicate which student application each document is for.
- Expression of Interest, signed and completed
- Proof of Address - the proof of address must have the parent / legal guardian name and current address. Examples of accepted proof of address documents are (only one of the following is required):
- Bank statement
- Utility bill
- Income tax statement
- GST rebate
- Mortgage statement
- Home or renter insurance
- Property tax assessment
Upon acceptance into the TLC program a registration form will need to be completed by Kindergarten and new student applicants or a transfer form for applicants currently attending a CBE school. The forms do not need to be included in your application submissions.
For further information please visit the CBE Traditional Learning Centre webpage.