Attendance Line: 403-777-6114 ext. 1.
If a student is going to be absent from school, please call the number above to report the absence. This line accepts messages 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Should a student be absent from school and the school has not received notice from the parents, the school will call the phone numbers listed on the student’s emergency contact list to ensure the student is safe.
Early Pickups and Late Drop-Offs
If your child will not be arriving at school on the bus, or needs be picked up before the end of the school day due to an appointment or other circumstance, please notify the main office ahead of time. Parents/guardians are required to check into the main office when dropping children off or picking them up early. Please note that you will also be required to sign your child in or out of school for security reasons.
In the event that an individual other than the parent/guardian or other immediate family member will pick up a child from school, the school requires written notification ahead of time. Additionally, to ensure the safety of your child, we will require the individual provide office staff with photo identification when they arrive to pick up your child.
CBE Administrative Regulation 6020 - Attendance of Students regulation applies to all of our students, and outlines the responsibilities for students, parents and school staff.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- CBE’s concussion protocol is followed for students who have a confirmed or suspected concussion.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.