At Children’s Village School, all students remain at school for lunch. Noon Supervision is offered to all students in Preschool – Grade 6 for an annual fee as students in these grades require direct supervision for the full lunch hour.
Principals have the flexibility to make school-based decisions for their noon supervision programs.
You can expect the following for your noon supervision fees:
- A safe and caring environment for students to eat lunch.
- Supervision for the entire noon lunch period, unless the student is signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Students must remain on school grounds.
- A dedicated space for eating.
- The CBE has a waiver process for families who can’t afford to pay the fees.
- Note | Use of service indicates that the Parent/Guardian accepts the terms and the responsibility to pay the annual fee.
- Income tax receipts are issued for noon supervision fees that may be included as child care expenses for income tax purposes.
- Noon supervision fees are directed to providing staff to supervise during the lunch hour.
What noon service is not:
- A way to separate students or to prevent interaction between grades during the lunch period.
- Guaranteed access to a table and chair.
- An assigned seat.
- Access to food or snacks; students are required to bring a lunch.