The school was built initially in 1960, with additions in 1966 and 1974, and is situated on 3.97 acres. The school has 31 classrooms, including computer room and music room; in addition there is a library and gymnasium. The Communication and Behavior Program joined this English and French Immersion School in September 2000.
At Chinook Park School staff, students and parents work together to provide a caring, challenging learning environment in which students achieve their personal best.
- Communication, Sensory and Social Interaction Program (CSSI) Program (for children with Autism and those with Autistic-like symptoms)
- Music Specialist (musical, choirs)
- Grade 6 Outdoor School
- Fine Arts & Physical Education Enhancements (lacrosse, hip-hop)
- High achievement test scores
Chinook Park School will continue to be a safe, secure learning environment where the highest priorities are on:
- Student confidence and competence
- Students achieving to their highest potential
- Academic achievement in core subjects (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science)
We are a school focused on academic excellence, with a priority on information literacy and developing higher levels of thinking in our students.