Parents of bussed students must send a note to school with their child if the child will not ride the bus home on a given day. If parents are picking up their child, they must sign them out at the office. It is imperative that we know ahead of time if a bussed student will not be riding the bus home for that child’s safety and to ensure a timely bus departure for the other students. We discourage updates near end of day bell time, as these messages may not reach teachers, bus attendants and students prior to the bell. If we have not received clear instruction from a parent, we will place the child on the bus.
It is very important that students understand they will be held accountable for any inappropriate behaviour on the bus. Violation of any of the bus rules will result in parents being contacted and may lead to the loss of riding privileges or to suspension from school.
Lastly, parents paying for the transportation service are urged to maximize their child’s usage. CBE Transportation monitors ridership of the bus and if busses are not full, there may be changes to the routes.
School Bus Etiquette
- Respect the driver
- Do not extend arms or head out of the windows
- Do not throw anything out of the windows
- Use inside voices
- Do not cause wilful damage to a bus
- Look both ways crossing the road and wait until a clear view is in sight
- Students require a valid bus pass, authorization from the bus driver, or authorization from the school principal or their designate in order to ride the bus.
Parents can help their child travel safely to and from school by arriving at the bus stop five minutes before the scheduled stop time. Be mindful of traffic laws and respectful of residents when parking at neighbourhood bus stops.