Students often want to bring prized personal possessions to school. For the most part, we discourage students from this practice as we cannot guarantee items will not be broken or lost at school. In addition, many children have difficulty concentrating on their school work if they have a toy or other personal item at their desk. Parents, we ask for your assistance in discouraging your child(ren) from bringing the following items to school:
- Electronic games and laser pointers
- Water guns, play guns and caps
- Knives or weapons
- Items such as trading/playing cards, cosmetics
- Skateboards and Roller blades, heelies, scooters
- Hardballs/softballs/baseball bats
- Hockey sticks/Lacrosse sticks and balls
- Cellular phones or other digital devices (unless required for instruction- needs teacher permission)
Lost & Found
Students are advised to check the school's Lost and Found area for any items that may have been misplaced. Items not claimed by the end of the school year will be donated.
Bicycles, Scooters, Skateboards & Heelys
We certainly encourage active living practices with children such as riding a bicycle to school. Upon arrival at the school and for the safety of all students, cyclists are expected to walk bicycles on school grounds during school hours. When bicycles are brought to school they should be locked in the bicycle rack provided.
The school cannot be responsible for bicycles damaged or stolen while they are at school. In addition, safety regulations require that skateboards, roller blades and Heelys are not to be brought to school or used on school property.