The CBE Administrative Regulation 6010 describes standards for dress and grooming. At Colonel Irvine School, the dress code complies with the CBE Regulations and is aimed at establishing and maintaining reasonable standards of dress for all school activities:
- Good taste and judgment in the selection of clothing worn to school is expected.
- Students must come to school appropriately dressed to promote a positive learning environment
- Styles in dress and grooming become unacceptable when they are unhealthy, unsafe, offensive or distracting to others.
- Clothing should be clean, tidy and appropriate for an educational setting.
- Safety precautions in various areas (Phys. Ed, Foods Lab, Construction Lab and Science Labs) will be reviewed by classroom teachers.
- All students are asked to remove hats upon entering the building.
- Shoes must be worn at all times in case of an evacuation drill.
- All students are required to wear non marking running shoes for Phys. Ed. activities. Gym strip (shorts and a T-shirt) is also required to be worn during Phys. Ed. / team sports for all students Grades 5 – 9. Phys. Ed. classes are scheduled outdoors throughout the year.
Clothing that reveals skin or undergarments in the “covered zone” depicted below, and clothing with inappropriate messages (e.g. depicting violence, obscenity, drug paraphernalia, etc.), are not to be worn to school. Students will be expected to change or may be sent home to change if they do not meet these standards.