Volunteer with Us
Visit the CBE website for more information on volunteering, including the required registration and Police Information Check. (Please note, guest speakers or visitors to the school, and parents/guardians assisting their own child only are not considered to be volunteers and do not require a police information check.)
Volunteering for an Off-Site Activity
If you want to volunteer for an off-site activity, please keep in mind:
- Volunteers on an activity are considered representatives of the Calgary Board of Education and are subject to the same expectations as staff
- Volunteers are subject to the requirements of CBE Administrative Regulation 5003 – Volunteers, which includes an application and a police security screening check
- Volunteers are covered by the CBE’s liability insurance policy while performing their assigned duties
- Volunteers are covered by WCB while performing their duties
- Volunteers receive direction from and are accountable to the teacher-in-charge
Volunteer opportunities include preparing materials or use in the classrooms, completing projects at home, supervising groups of students on field trips, working in the school Learning Commons, and assisting with school events. Our Phys. Ed. Team also requires volunteer support throughout the year for numerous activities and will post these requests on their blogs each month.
Looking to volunteer?
Please join the CISC/CIPAA email distribution list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you new volunteer opportunities as they arise.